The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:45 AM

Using my main domain for the store

Hi,

I have mydomain.com and I'm using cpanel email with it.

If I change the CNAME of mydomain to app.ecwid.com , will I lose access to my present email?

TIA

Hari
Old 10-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cute Mini View Post
Hi,

I have mydomain.com and I'm using cpanel email with it.

If I change the CNAME of mydomain to app.ecwid.com , will I lose access to my present email?

TIA

Hari
Hello,
I am very sorry for keeping you waiting.

Basically in Ecwid in order to use your own domain name with Ecwid Starter Site, you should add a CNAME record for your subdomain and point it to 'app.ecwid.com'.

Adding a CNAME record does not disrupt your current mailflow or affect other services.

You can add a CNAME through the registrar where you purchased your domain or through your DNS provider. Instructions on how to add a CNAME record can vary at different domain registrars. If you’re unsure of how to do this, we recommend contacting your domain registrar for assistance with this step.

You can find the instruction how to assign subdomain of your own domain to Ecwid Starter Site in this article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...5-starter-site

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.