The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 AM

where do I change the Label Name from Out of Stock to "Available Through Link"on CSS?

Hi - I have read the tutorials in relation to this - however I can't find where I can open the CSS area to edit it - I have gone to Design - CSS Themes - but the "Basic CSS" says it's "not editable" - so where do I need to go to edit the "Out Of Stock" to a more suitable Label?

Thank you
Old 10-02-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy View Post
Hi - I have read the tutorials in relation to this - however I can't find where I can open the CSS area to edit it - I have gone to Design - CSS Themes - but the "Basic CSS" says it's "not editable" - so where do I need to go to edit the "Out Of Stock" to a more suitable Label?

Thank you
Hi!

That’s right, standard CSS theme cannot be edited. In order to apply your own rules to CSS theme, you should create your own CSS theme (Ecwid Control Panel-> System Settings-> Design> “New CSS theme” button).
Add necessary CSS codes into the new theme, activate it and save. When you need more changes to Ecwid layout, you should append new CSS rules into this very theme as well.
Please, find more information how to work with CSS in Ecwid in our knowledge-base: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853257/CSS%20Faq

However, you need to change the wording in Ecwid, and it can’t be edited via CSS. Please, refer to this article to learn how to change texts: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront.
So to change the label name from “Out of Stock” to "Available Through Link", you should add the following script to the source code of the page where you inserted Ecwid widgets:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
ecwidMessages = { 
"ProductDetails.out_of_stock":"Available Through Link"
 }; 
</script>
Old 10-08-2014, 03:16 PM

Any chance this will work on starter website?
Old 10-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rina Rina View Post
Any chance this will work on starter website?
Hello Rina,

Thank you for your question.
I posted an answer to it in the adjacent thread. Please check: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=118615#15

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
css