The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:11 AM

Question

Hi there,

We currently have the free version set up and all works smoothly. But now I'd like to set up a product which allows the customer to upload image files with their purchase. I've read the info and the forum threads but would like to clarify some details before we upgrade to the Venture plan.

The product will be an entry into a photo competition, with 3 price bands. So $x = for x1 photo; $y = for x3 photos; $z = for x7 photos. my questions are:-
  1. Is there a way to limit the number of file uploads per product/product option, so that only the correct number of files are uploaded?
  2. Can i set this up as 1 product with several product options, and then each option with a separate maximum number of files for upload? (so if someone pays for x1 photo entry they can't upload x3 for eg)
  3. If not, I presume I'd have to set them up as separate products?
  4. Is 15MB the max file upload for the Venture plan?
  5. Is there a maximum number of uploads per month for this plan? (ie. if we get 200 entries, each with 5 photo, is it still OK as long as all the entries are less than the max file upload size?)

I'd really appreciate your feedback for these queries, as we're trying to set this up now in conjunction with another party and need to move forward on it.

Thanks, Jenny

Last edited by ginger; 10-21-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectplanet View Post
Hi there,

We currently have the free version set up and all works smoothly. But now I'd like to set up a product which allows the customer to upload image files with their purchase. I've read the info and the forum threads but would like to clarify some details before we upgrade to the Venture plan.

The product will be an entry into a photo competition, with 3 price bands. So $x = for x1 photo; $y = for x3 photos; $z = for x7 photos. my questions are:-
  1. Is there a way to limit the number of file uploads per product/product option, so that only the correct number of files are uploaded?
  2. Can i set this up as 1 product with several product options, and then each option with a separate maximum number of files for upload? (so if someone pays for x1 photo entry they can't upload x3 for eg)
  3. If not, I presume I'd have to set them up as separate products?
  4. Is 15MB the max file upload for the Venture plan?
  5. Is there a maximum number of uploads per month for this plan? (ie. if we get 200 entries, each with 5 photo, is it still OK as long as all the entries are less than the max file upload size?)

I'd really appreciate your feedback for these queries, as we're trying to set this up now in conjunction with another party and need to move forward on it.

Thanks, Jenny
Hello Jenny,

I am sorry for keeping you waiting. Here are the answers to your questions.

1. ‘Upload file’ product option has no limit on the quantity of files. Unfortunately, you can’t restrict it. As a workaround I can suggest you to put a notice in the product description, saying that a customer can attach only 1 file if the ‘1 photo’ options is chosen. If extra unpaid files are attached, you won’t take them into account.

2. + 3. ‘Upload file’ option is assigned to the product and no limit to the quantity of files can be specified. Thus, you can create 1 product with 3 price modifying options and 1 ‘upload file’ option or 3 separate products representing 3 different pricings, each having a separate ‘upload file’ option.

4. The limit of 15 MB is set to a single file upload on all paid plans, including Venture plan. There is no limit on the quantity of files and the total size of upload, but each file should not exceed 15 MB.

5. There’s no limit to the total size of uploads on any paid plan, including Venture. The only restriction, as I’ve already mentioned, is that single file size should be less than 15 MB.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginger For This Useful Post:
perfectplanet (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014, 01:28 AM

Thanks for the info - all good now!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product options, upload files, venture plan