The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:57 PM

How to set up a choice of 4 out of 6 concerts for one price.

Hi: Is it possible to set up checkboxes to choose 4 of any 6 concerts for one price. Users would be limited to choosing only 4 of the 6. Thanks, John
Old 11-10-2015, 09:18 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

As I understand from visiting your website and from your message, you want to let your customers choose 4 out of 6 concerts, which will be included in the season pass. Ecwid doesn’t have an out-of-the-box feature to implement this at the moment. But I can suggest a good workaround - with product options. You should create 4 options for your ‘season pass’ product. For example: ‘Concert 1’, ‘Concert 2’, ‘Concert 3’, ‘Concert 4'. Each option will provide a selection of 6 concerts:

Here is a short step-by-step guide on how to do that:

a)Create a 'season pass' product at Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products. Click ’New product’ button.
b)Set up product options. Open your newly created product, click ‘Options’ tab.
c)Create 4 options and 6 selections for each of this options as in screenshot:

The selections will basically represent the concerts. As an 'Input Type' I’d suggest you to use a drop-down list, it will look better but you are very welcome to use other types. Be sure to save the changes by clicking ’Save’ button.

That’s it. Now your customers will be able to choose 4 concerts they want to include in their ‘Season pass’ product.

Please note, that you may run into situation, when your customers choose the same concerts in 2 or more drop-downs:

You can overcome this drawback with Ecwid JavaScript API. With this API one can create a script, which will disable already chosen concert selections in drop-downs. Creating such script requires programming skills. So if you need help with that, please let me know. We will see what we can do.

Please also mind, it will be impossible for you to keep track of the concert tickets, which customers choose for their ‘Season pass’. In other words, when customers make up their ‘Season passes’ the number of each concert tickets will not be reduced in stock. If you want to track your tickets in stock, you will need to use product variations. This feature will basically allow you to track inventory per option. Moreover, you will be able to set a separate image/price/SKU/low stock notification for each set of product options. To use product variations you will need to upgrade your Ecwid plan to ‘Business’ or higher (in your control panel on the billing page). Please find a detailed description of Ecwid plans and features here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/po...tures-breakdow

Should you have other questions left, please let me know. We will be happy to help you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

:arrow_down: Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:46 AM

Thanks so much for your help. - BCMS

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.