The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 AM

I can't find an answer that works for this. What I need is to have 3 "products" that are an image only with no title link or price. Basically the "empty" products will be a .png of customer reviews.

I tried this script (https://gist.github.com/rimmer333/2725680) no joy - and while I was able to use css to not display the price (0.00) on the product page, I couldn't get it to work on the browser page. I also tried various variations of categories, no categories, etc...Currently, I'm not using categories just products that come up on the shop page.

What I'm hoping will work is some kind of .css that specifies the product # and then display none for the price and title on the browse products page.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. We are a venture plan site.

thanks!

hello? anybody??

if I use

div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-productBottomFragment div.ecwid-productBrowser-price,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsList-details div.ecwid-productBrowser-price,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsTable div.ecwid-productBrowser-price {
display: none !important;
}

it hides the price on the category page BUT if I use

div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-productBottomFragment-17655023 div.ecwid-productBrowser-price,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsList-details-17655023 div.ecwid-productBrowser-price,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsTable-17655023 div.ecwid-productBrowser-price {
}

Help! running out of time. This should be doable!

with the product id it doesn't hide the price.

My client is not understanding why we aren't getting any support since we (she) is on a paid plan. I'm a little confused myself...but in case someone does want to help with the issue I'm having - Here is what I've got set up. It's just not what we want.

http://www.muchmorethanme.com/much-more-than-me/shop/

You can see the "quotes" I want to hide the title and the price. I don't mind using script or css but there has to be a way to do this.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by Makfruit; 10-15-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryn Casey View Post
I can't find an answer that works for this. What I need is to have 3 "products" that are an image only with no title link or price. Basically the "empty" products will be a .png of customer reviews.

I tried this script (https://gist.github.com/rimmer333/2725680) no joy - and while I was able to use css to not display the price (0.00) on the product page, I couldn't get it to work on the browser page. I also tried various variations of categories, no categories, etc...Currently, I'm not using categories just products that come up on the shop page.

What I'm hoping will work is some kind of .css that specifies the product # and then display none for the price and title on the browse products page.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. We are a venture plan site.

thanks!

hello? anybody??

if I use

div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-productBottomFragment div.ecwid-productBrowser-price,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsList-details div.ecwid-productBrowser-price,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsTable div.ecwid-productBrowser-price {
}

it hides the price on the category page BUT if I use

div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-productBottomFragment-17655023 div.ecwid-productBrowser-price,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsList-details-17655023 div.ecwid-productBrowser-price,
div.ecwid-productBrowser-productsTable-17655023 div.ecwid-productBrowser-price {
}

Help! running out of time. This should be doable!

with the product id it doesn't hide the price.

My client is not understanding why we aren't getting any support since we (she) is on a paid plan. I'm a little confused myself...but in case someone does want to help with the issue I'm having - Here is what I've got set up. It's just not what we want.

You can see the "quotes" I want to hide the title and the price. I don't mind using script or css but there has to be a way to do this.

Any help will be appreciated.
Hello,

Sorry for keeping you waiting. The thing is there is no ready solution for such kind of adjustment - there is no built-in features to hide prices and titles for some particular items in Ecwid, thus that's a task of custom development.

Can you please describe in more details how you want such a mod to work and what you want to achieve? I will try to provide a solution or at least suggest a possible ways to achieve that so that you will be able to hire a developer for this task.

- What is purpose of those three items in the store? How exactly do you want to implement customer reviews on those pages?
- Besides price and title, what else do you need to hide for those items? Add to bag button? Quantity selectors? Options drop-downs?
- If those items are not for sale, why do you want them to be a part of the store? Isn't it better to create separate pages on your site outside Ecwid storefront?
- Is there an example of what you want to do? Can you provide a link?

Thank you.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-15-2013, 02:21 PM

Thanks for writing!!!

The link is provided above..

I don't want the viewer to be able to click on it, just read it and have the reviews nestled in amongst the products. this is at the clients request.

So I'm guessing that the productID number only works on the product page and not the categoryPage?

I saw a piece of script that works off the 0.00 but it didn't work for me. Is there a if product # is 000000 then don't show title or price?

Any help greatly greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I don't want the viewer to be able to click on it, just read it and have the reviews nestled in amongst the products. this is at the clients request.
No, I am afraid there is no such built-in functionality in Ecwid. As a workaround, you can consider switching the availability for those special products to 'Out of stock' - this way they won't be available for purchase. If you want to hide prices for such products across the store, you will need to create a script on your site that will automatically detect those products on the current page and change their layout (hide prices etc).

Also, as I suggested in my previous message, since those special products are not in fact products, you can create separate pages on your site for them - I mean they are not supposed to be sold and they are not part of the inventory. Thus it would be much easier to create a couple of extra pages on your site and place texts and some reviews modules there.

Quote:
So I'm guessing that the productID number only works on the product page and not the categoryPage?
Right.

Quote:
I saw a piece of script that works off the 0.00 but it didn't work for me. Is there a if product # is 000000 then don't show title or price?
Products SKUs must be unique in Ecwid, so, I am afraid, it won't be possible to assign 00 SKUs to several products. It's better to make them out of stock for identifying.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-18-2013, 04:42 PM

thanks for replying. I have to say I'm overall disappointed in the support here - 6 days is a long time and I'm not completely sure I've gotten the best answers of the 2 I've received.

I didn't mean 0000 as the sku...what I should have written was

productID-123405 then hide product price or title. but it needs to work on the productBrowser category page.

I do have a page for "testimonials" but we wanted them to show up in the store. My "solution" was to hide the prices on the catagory page and put them in the "title." I have all of the "comments" marked as out of stock. Ideally would love to be able to hide the title, but no way to do this.

If you look at the site you can see it is a nice idea - http://www.muchmorethanme.com/much-more-than-me/shop/

maybe something can be done to create a situation in which the id code would be css influenced.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
thanks for replying. I have to say I'm overall disappointed in the support here - 6 days is a long time and I'm not completely sure I've gotten the best answers of the 2 I've received.

I didn't mean 0000 as the sku...what I should have written was

productID-123405 then hide product price or title. but it needs to work on the productBrowser category page.

I do have a page for "testimonials" but we wanted them to show up in the store. My "solution" was to hide the prices on the catagory page and put them in the "title." I have all of the "comments" marked as out of stock. Ideally would love to be able to hide the title, but no way to do this.

If you look at the site you can see it is a nice idea - http://www.muchmorethanme.com/much-more-than-me/shop/

maybe something can be done to create a situation in which the id code would be css influenced.
Hello,

Sorry for confusing you. I'll try to explain better.

Ecwid Product browser widget automatically define different CSS classes for different store pages (Product A page, Product B page, Category page, Cart page), which allows you to apply different CSS styles to different pages in your store. That is explained in this article in our knowledge base: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/46376921/...s%20in%20Ecwid

That feature doesn't make it possible to address some particular product and apply some changes to it across the store - rather does it enable you to apply some changes, for example, for that product's page.

Thus, unfortunately, there is no way to achieve the functionality you described with the help of CSS modification only. However, such a mod is possible by means of Javascript customization on your site. The thing is Ecwid is an AJAX application, which means products, categories and all the other content of your store is delivered to a visitor dynamically using JavaScript. Your storefront integrates in your site and acts like a part of it, thus, by means of custom JavaScript mods, you can modify Ecwid behavior in many different ways including hiding prices/titles and other elements for some particular items in your store.

In your case, a custom script could work this way:
1) It would handle Ecwid pages loading and detect if there is a product with defined ID on the page. It can use Ecwid JS API for such purposes: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/41188517/JavaScript%20API
2) If the page contains such a product, the mod could hide the price and title, re-arrange some product data or even add some kind of reviews widgets on the fly.

Unfortunately, there is no ready code/solution for such kind of a mod so you can consider either doing it yourself (it will require some programming skills though) or hire a developer for this task. By the way, if you decide to hire a developer, I can recommend contacting our friends from Qualiteam - they are group of professionals who have outstanding experience in creating and customizing e-commerce solutions including Ecwid, so they will surely be glad to help you. If you're interested, please drop them a line at sales@qtmsoft.com.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.