The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:56 AM

Bulk product editor JSON files

Hi,

I'm trying to upload from Ecwid using the bulk product editor, the editor is providing me with the raw information in the form of a JSON file which I can open in a text editor but how do i convert this to open correctly in the form of a spreadsheet or database?

any help would be appreciated.

Simon
Old 07-02-2019, 09:38 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon stuckey View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to upload from Ecwid using the bulk product editor, the editor is providing me with the raw information in the form of a JSON file which I can open in a text editor but how do i convert this to open correctly in the form of a spreadsheet or database?

any help would be appreciated.

Simon
Hi Simon,

It's Pixie from Ecwid team. Thanks for contacting us!

The Bulk Product Editor app lets export all the products' data in the JSON format. Just in case, here is an article with details on JSON format: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON

So in order to open this file in a spreadsheet editor, you should convert JSON to CSV. You can find such services on the Internet. For example, this one: https://json-csv.com/

Then you'll be able to edit the file in any spreadsheet editor and then upload it to Ecwid back.

Also, you can use our Export Tool. It lets export the products' data in the CSV format at once.

To do that, follow these steps:

* Go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products.

* Select the necessary products.

* Click on the "Bulk Update" button and choose"Export Selected".

After that, your products' info will be downloaded to your computer in the CSV format and you'll be able to open the file in a spreadsheet editor.

Just in case, here is an article with details on exporting product information: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ct-information

Also, you may be interested in importing products to Ecwid, so please refer to this article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...rting-products

Hope this helps! Feel free to contact if any questions come up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Julia Ivshina For This Useful Post:
simon stuckey (07-03-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 04:56 PM

Default Half way there

Thank you for your help so far, I have uploaded and converted from a JSON to a CSV successfully but now I am getting errors upon importing.

I downloaded and then uploaded the same data directly without changing anything but still cant upload. I am using a comma as a delimiter and have tried both using and not using the ignore first line option.

I have also tried to copy and paste the data across to the sample csv but still no luck.
I either get an error on line 2 or get an incorrect weight value message.

I have uploaded a sample of the file.

Regards Simon
Attached Files
File Type: csv data-store-17204516-2019-07-06_17-26-47.csv (266.9 KB, 87 views)
Old 07-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thank you for your help so far, I have uploaded and converted from a JSON to a CSV successfully but now I am getting errors upon importing.

I downloaded and then uploaded the same data directly without changing anything but still cant upload. I am using a comma as a delimiter and have tried both using and not using the ignore first line option.

I have also tried to copy and paste the data across to the sample csv but still no luck.
I either get an error on line 2 or get an incorrect weight value message.

I have uploaded a sample of the file.

Regards Simon
Hi Simon,

This is Wendy from Ecwid customer care team. Thanks a lot for replying.

I've downloaded the CSV file you provided and now I need to do some tests. I'll get back to you with more details on this as soon as I have any news.

Please stay tuned!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:39 AM

Thank you Wendy,

Any update on this yet please?
Old 07-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thank you Wendy,

Any update on this yet please?
Hi Simon,

I've inspected the file you attached and as I see, the format of this file differs from Ecwid import format.

In order to import products to Ecwid, you need to update this CSV file. You can download a sample import file in the article, then open this file in a spreadsheet editor (for ex., you can use OpenOffice) and add the information about your products to the file columns.

Once your file is ready, you can upload it to Ecwid in your Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products page.

You can download sample import file here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...cts#samplefile

If you'd like to import product options, you can do it using a separate CSV file. Its format is also different. You can use this instruction to import the options for your products: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...rmat-and-Ecwid

I hope this will help. If you have any further questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to ask!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.