The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Webpartner

I agree. I have over 3,000 products with approx 160 changing on a daily basis. This is why unfortunately i have to still let Ecwid run the main show. 100,000 items would be insane to take on.
For a smaller shop though A Wee Click's method is excellent.

Unfortunately this discussion alone, shows just how far off the mark Ecwid are still. Whilst I agree that the best shops always have tweaks to core files, the reality of Ecwid being able to do many of the things people have come to expect when they go shopping online is a far cry from the idea that Ecwid has. i guess me and A Wee Click are quite fortunate that we are able to take on the coding element required but for those that want a half decent store with modern features Ecwid is struggling to deliver at the moment.

It would be a shame if Ecwid simply fell by the wayside - it really is a great idea and very very fast and the fact that you can stick it literally anywhere is fab!
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tech Heroes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM

Smile gadget store feedback

Mat

Great store, very professional, clear and some good features.

I am particularly interested in knowing how you:
1 - changed the look of the search box from the standard Ecwid design and
2 - added pagination at the top and bottom of the product pages.

Are these features part of Magenta or ecwid ?
I have been looking to change the search box and add pagination for some time and looking at your site now makes me want to update the site.

my site is here http://www.gorgeousgiftshop.com

Thanks
Andy Jones

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
review, store