The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:58 AM

Question

Im looking for interesting ways to expand beyond the three category tiers

I have a very large inventory of cellphone repair parts (400+ items) and I am interested in listing them in a deeper category hierarchy than the three max that I seem to hit every time I try. Does anybody have a good suggestion for me here?

Jj

http://hookupcellular.com/wholesale-...=0&sort=normal
Old 01-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Default Ecwid categories widget allows to show as many category levels as needed, there is no limitations. Thus, you can add vertical or horizontal category widget using the code from Ecwid control panel → Dashboard.

However, the task of locating a single item in a large and deeply categorized inventory may not be fully covered by default widgets of Ecwid. To better fulfill the category browsing functionality for your exact store you may consider building your own custom menu, using Ecwid Product API and any ready made or custom menu script to generate your categories menu automatically. This menu will be automatically re-built for display each time your customers open the shop page. It means that you don't need to actualise the menu after you make changes in categories structure in Ecwid control panel. The changes will be reflected automatically.

Also, your customers may prefer to use Search functionality instead of browsing through categories.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
categories, categorization, category list