The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:53 PM

Admin Email content changed for no reason

Hello,

We've been using Ecwid for a while and yesterday or the day before I added 2 items. Tax for our state and added the Zone for the state.

Now, when we receive Order is Paid Admin emails, it is no longer specifying the Customer information, just the product purchased.

Has anyone seen this before?

I have removed the Tax and the Zone for our state, and added the Zone United States. I am hoping for the best, but am concerned.

Thanks,

Seth
Old 01-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQPelletsOnline.com View Post
Hello,

We've been using Ecwid for a while and yesterday or the day before I added 2 items. Tax for our state and added the Zone for the state.

Now, when we receive Order is Paid Admin emails, it is no longer specifying the Customer information, just the product purchased.

Has anyone seen this before?

I have removed the Tax and the Zone for our state, and added the Zone United States. I am hoping for the best, but am concerned.

Thanks,

Seth
Hello Seth,

I've inspected your store. The issue you discovered is caused by the fact that there is no configured shipping method in your shop. When there is no shipping option, your customers are not asked to enter shipping address, thus no shipping info is displayed in the order details and in the order email notifications. To fix it, you will need to add at least one shipping method to your store. Here is the details.

In Ecwid, destination zones settings are crucial for taxes and shipping rates - every tax or shipping rate is assigned to a certain zone. Thus, if you remove a zone from your store settings, that will remove all associated tax and shipping rates, because the latter would not make any sense without a zone they are configured for. Since tax/shipping are one of the most important store settings that checkout directly depends on, one should be careful when changing zones and/or tax and shipping. For the same reason, when a merchant removes a destination zone from the 'Zones' list, Ecwid asks "Do you really wish to remove the selected zone and associated tax/shipping rates?".

In your case, when you removed one of the zones in your store settings, the corresponding shipping method ('Free shipping') was also removed. As a result, the shipping step was skipped at checkout and your customers didn't enter their shipping address. On the other hand, their billing addresses along with their email were collected as usually, so you can contact them directly to discuss delivery options.

To fix the issue, you should add at least one shipping method to your store. Please find the details on shipping setup in this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/Shipping

Please let me know if you have any question.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2014, 06:37 PM

Thank you for the quick response. I'll know for sure if it's fixed when someone orders next.

Seth

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
admin email, email, emails, order is paid