The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:47 PM

Not sending confirmation email to company or customer

I've set up the store and am running tests, I've used Purchase Order, Wire Transfer, Demo Payment and even Phone Order and up till 2 days ago I was getting confirmation emails at least to the company level. Now I'm not getting confirmations for any order to any emails no matter how many different emails, payment types or tests I run. Anyone else? How do I fix this?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:11 PM

The company side files finally came through after about a 30-45 minute delay, and it seems the firewall is preventing company emails from receiving order confirmations. Still working on it.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Ecwid Team

We have examined the log records in our mail system related to you email address. Today September 26 from 10:51 EDT to 11:51 EDT emails to your address could not be sent due to this error:

Quote:
delivery temporarily suspended: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=costco.com type=MX: Host not found, try again .
Mail servers kept the messages in queue and tried to resend them from time to time. As soon the issue with your mail domain was resolved our mail servers sent out all the messages from the queue. All emails sent before the specified interval and after were successfully transmitted to the mail servers which process the mail for your domain. If you still cannot find the messages please check a SPAM folder in your mailbox.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Our twitter: @ecwid
Ecwid on Facebook
Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 PM

Were currently using google as our email client and they have been holding the automatically generated emails in a back end spam filter (not the user gmail spam filter) unseen by the customer even though it generates with a company email address. Thank you for checking into it, I was able to relay your prompt response to the IS team eliminating Ecwid as a potential cause. I'll update as the situation progresses.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
confirmation, emails, payment