The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:42 AM

store name incorrect on receipt!

Hello,

I did a test order and on the customer receipt it thanked them/me for the order, but NOT from my site (bestbetteimages.com), but from my own name. It was even titled "Your Bettyann Appleton Receipt." How can that be? Nowhere, other than my account with Ecwid, does my name appear on my site. I don't want customers to receive a receipt from ME, but from my store. How can one fix this issue?

thanks
Old 05-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettyann Appleton View Post
Hello,

I did a test order and on the customer receipt it thanked them/me for the order, but NOT from my site (bestbetteimages.com), but from my own name. It was even titled "Your Bettyann Appleton Receipt." How can that be? Nowhere, other than my account with Ecwid, does my name appear on my site. I don't want customers to receive a receipt from ME, but from my store. How can one fix this issue?

thanks
Hello!

Thank you for your question.

I am very sorry to hear you have faced this issue in your store. It looks like you just did not specified your company name and email address in Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > General hence your customer received a notification about placed order according to your live settings in Ecwid Control Panel.

Now I have inspected all your settings and as far as I can see you have already changed your company name and email address to correct ones so now everything there should work correctly.

Can you confirm if the problem still exists?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:26 AM

Actually, no, I didn't change the store name; what you see is exactly how I set it up to begin with. I am totally reluctant to put through another test since I was actually CHARGED for the first one I did. Thank goodness I only did an inexpensive e-goods download.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:11 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettyann Appleton View Post
Actually, no, I didn't change the store name; what you see is exactly how I set it up to begin with. I am totally reluctant to put through another test since I was actually CHARGED for the first one I did. Thank goodness I only did an inexpensive e-goods download.
Hello!

Thank you for the response. I am very sorry to hear you have faced this issue.

In fact it is not necessary to place live order to test invoices or mail notifications in your store. You can just enable any offline payment method (for example Phone order in Ecwid Control Panel > settings > Payments) and place test order selecting it on checkout. So there will be no any charges from you but you will receive mail notification to your email address as usual customer. Please also note that you can preview and change email notification right in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Mails (https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html#mail). Just click edit button near email notification type and you will see preview template link that will generate ready mail notification to you. Also you can edit these notifications right on that page using HTML. Please refer to this article in our Help Centre to learn how you can do it: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...-notifications

Hope this helps. If any questions appear - please do not hesitate to ask. We are very glad to help you!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
receipt, store name