The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:17 PM

Shopping bag replacement/altered

Hey, i've just installed your application today, and im loving it, im still setting up the facebook page so its not yet live.
Im taking the orders via phone - so:
1) id like to remove the shopping bag completely.
2) the icon that reads Add to Bag - id want it to read - Click here to order-
How do i do that, mark you im no techy at all, is it possible to do it remotely from your end - im a paid member.
Awaiting your response urgently.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Kariuki View Post
Hey, i've just installed your application today, and im loving it, im still setting up the facebook page so its not yet live.
Im taking the orders via phone - so:
1) id like to remove the shopping bag completely.
2) the icon that reads Add to Bag - id want it to read - Click here to order-
How do i do that, mark you im no techy at all, is it possible to do it remotely from your end - im a paid member.
Awaiting your response urgently.
Hello,

What you want to achieve can be easily done with built-in functionality allowing to customize the looks of your storefront right from Ecwid control panel. First of all you need to go to your control panel, System settings -> Design page -> CSS themes tab and create a new CSS theme where you will add all the classes changing the styles of your store and activate this theme. Please, refer to this article for more details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853257/...changeEcwidCSS

In order to remove the shopping cart icon from your store completely, you should add the following code to your newly created custom CSS theme:

Code:
div.ecwid-minicart {
  display:none !important;
}
In order to change the Add to Bag button, please, refer to this article in our knowledge base: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/21499933/...ag%22%20button

Could you please, specify do you want to remove shopping cart functionality completely and make a product catalog of your Ecwid store? Or you still want your customers to fill in their shipping and billing details and checkout with Ecwid?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza Savelyeva View Post
Hello,

What you want to achieve can be easily done with built-in functionality allowing to customize the looks of your storefront right from Ecwid control panel. First of all you need to go to your control panel, System settings -> Design page -> CSS themes tab and create a new CSS theme where you will add all the classes changing the styles of your store and activate this theme. Please, refer to this article for more details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853257/...changeEcwidCSS

In order to remove the shopping cart icon from your store completely, you should add the following code to your newly created custom CSS theme:

Code:
div.ecwid-minicart {
  display:none !important;
}
In order to change the Add to Bag button, please, refer to this article in our knowledge base: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/21499933/...ag%22%20button

Could you please, specify do you want to remove shopping cart functionality completely and make a product catalog of your Ecwid store? Or you still want your customers to fill in their shipping and billing details and checkout with Ecwid?
Hey Liza,

Thanks for your response.
Yes, id want to remove shopping cart functionality completely and make a product catalog of the store - since i'll be receiving orders by phone call and in Kenya we use payment service called Mpesa - i will then get the shipping details from the caller.
However, id want to retain the like, comment, share functions.

Also is it possible to have my customers/potentials sign in- that is, their name, email, size of shoe and clothes....that is when they log into the shoes area?

Awaiting your reply, my facebook store is now live.
Is it possible to effect these changes at your back end? please, i have no clue whatsoever where to put these codes, kindly.

hey still awaiting response pls

Last edited by Liza Savelyeva; 09-30-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene Kariuki View Post
Hey Liza,

Thanks for your response.
Yes, id want to remove shopping cart functionality completely and make a product catalog of the store - since i'll be receiving orders by phone call and in Kenya we use payment service called Mpesa - i will then get the shipping details from the caller.
However, id want to retain the like, comment, share functions.

Also is it possible to have my customers/potentials sign in- that is, their name, email, size of shoe and clothes....that is when they log into the shoes area?

Awaiting your reply, my facebook store is now live.
Is it possible to effect these changes at your back end? please, i have no clue whatsoever where to put these codes, kindly.

hey still awaiting response pls
Hello,

Thank you for the details.

For what you want to achieve I can recommend you two solutions.
1) You turn your Ecwid store to the product catalog, using this instruction: How to turn Ecwid to a product catalog. This way you will be able to show your products without actual checkout. Your customers will simply choose the products they want to order and they you will need to process the sale outside Ecwid. This way your customers won’t be able to create account in your store.

2) You can keep the store functionality - you customers will choose the products they want to order, add them to the cart, add the needed additional details like shoe size, etc., go to the checkout, create accounts, fill in their shipping information, then chose the offline payment method (for you to process the payment later) and place the order. After the order is placed you and your customers will receive the notification with all the order details. Please, refer to this post for details: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20377#2

Please, let me know which solution suits your business better and I will provide you with further instructions if needed.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.