The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 AM

Cool

"VAT" Instead of "Estimated Tax"

I am setting up a store for a client who is selling online in UK only. We are driving sales from UK visitors therefore so VAT will always be applied at checkout and "Estimated Tax" would appear confusing.

Is there any CSS code you can give me, or other fix, so that in place of "Estimated Tax" the shopping cart says "VAT"?

I have already managed to remove the "Estimated Tax" tax line beneath the Checkout button with code I found elsewhere in this forum.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 AM

Yes, you can change the wording in that label as described here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront (I especially recommend to use the tool: http://www.ecwid.com/playground/translate-tool/ to auto-generate the codes you need). Note, however, that this is done not with CSS (cascading stylesheets are not able to change the content of the elements, but only the way they look), the code you get with the tool or create manually is JavaScript code, that needs to be placed on your site page where you embed the Ecwid shopping widgets.

Let us know if you need more help with this.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:54 PM

Thanks Eugene

This is really helpful, and we managed to change the label in the shopping cart page from Estimated Tax to VAT, but it still says 'Estimated Tax' in the checkout page. Can you help us put that right please. I can't find another occurance of 'estimated tax' in the translator tool.

2 other things too please: We want to change the wording of "This price includes taxes" to "This price includes VAT at 20%". We used the translator tool and pasted the code it gave us into the CSS. However, although it may have changed the label elsewhere, it didn't change it in the shooping cart and I couldn't find another occurance of that phrase anywhere else in the translator tool.

We also now need to remove the product options 'change' button which appears on checkout. This is because we are using the Options as a workaround for adding other text, and not for actual product options. Can you advise how we do that please.

Thank you
Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 AM

The code that the translator tool makes is not meant to be in CSS, the translation will not work from there. This is a script, and it should be pasted into the code of your site page before Ecwid code. Remove the translation code you pasted into CSS and instead add it to the code of your shop page, it will work only there.

Removing the 'Change' button next to options in the shopping bag, however, requires exactly changing the Ecwid CSS theme. Add the following code there to remove the Change button:
Code:
button.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-changeOptionsButton{
  display: none;
}
Old 08-14-2011, 10:02 PM

Hi,
Apologies if I'm being thick, but I'm not sure how to change the 'estimated tax' to VAT in the Wordpress Plugin.
Many thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison I.T Services View Post
Hi,
Apologies if I'm being thick, but I'm not sure how to change the 'estimated tax' to VAT in the Wordpress Plugin.
Many thanks in advance.
Please refer to this article for information on custom texts in Ecwid: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront . The codes that are mentioned in it, are to be pasted into the source of your store page in your Wodpress (WP Admin → Pages → [your store page] → Edit, switch editor to source mode and paste the code into the text area).
Old 08-15-2011, 11:10 PM

All working.

Thanks for your help!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
css, estimated tax, uk only, vat