The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:33 PM

Sending Payment To Different Accounts For Different Items

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help answer this question for me. My website is going to be selling items from a variety of different vendors. I was wondering if Ecwid allows me to specify which PayPal account to pay based off of which particular item is ordered. For instance, if someone orders a t-shirt, I want to send the payment to PayPal account A, but if someone orders jeans, I want to send the payment to PayPal account B.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help or feedback anyone has for me.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:15 PM

Currently a single order in Ecwid can be payed via one payment gateway (e.g. one PayPal account) according to buyer's preference. Unfortunately, it is not possible to pay to multiple PayPal accounts at once with one order.

In order to get such functionality with some of the future versions of Ecwid, please, post your suggestion to our ideas base, so that we could consider implementing it and notify you on its status.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:23 PM

hi
I would love to manage two different stores (two paypal accounts) from one ecwid account.
Meaning i would like to be able to choose example: all products in category ''fruit'' use paypal account 1 and all products incategory ''veggies'' purchase with paypal account 2

thank you so much in advance
Old 08-20-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated Webstore View Post
hi
I would love to manage two different stores (two paypal accounts) from one ecwid account.
Meaning i would like to be able to choose example: all products in category ''fruit'' use paypal account 1 and all products incategory ''veggies'' purchase with paypal account 2

thank you so much in advance
The order in Ecwid is always paid with one particular payment method that your customer chooses from the list of available methods on checkout. It is not possible to "bind" just some products to some payment method, disallowing the other, or restrict buying some particular products, when other products are already in cart.

So, you should rather choose the single PayPal account to which all the payments will go. If you need, you can then manually transfer funds for some particular items from that PayPal account to another one.

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 08-22-2012 at 11:33 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.