The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:29 PM

Import promotion codes

I"m looking for help creating coupons to be use in a sale thru my website with groupon.
Thanks
Old 07-21-2011, 06:39 PM

Hey all, looking for something similar myself, My customer is starting a Groupon Campaign. Seems they send out a list of coupon codes to insert in to our system, Only problem is there are lots of them! Is there ANY way we can get a number of coupons in to the database in bulk format, rather than individually?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 PM

I have a need to upload discount coupon codes because we are doing a multiple market discount like groupn and I cannot create each individual 1000 codes. They would all be the same configuration but a different code for each

I need the ability to upload groupon discount codes.

I have the same issue - just cannot hand enter thousands of groupon codes and set each one up individually.

Last edited by maya; 02-13-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:37 AM

Default Have set up idea in uservoice

Hi guys, there is an entry here to vote for an import/export feature for coupons here http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ctio?ref=title

and if thats not going to be possible maybe this one will help as a temporary measure: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...upon?ref=title

Hopefully the ecwid guys will get back to me about how much the import/export feature will cost to implement. I have a customer who is very keen on this feature...
Old 08-01-2011, 12:24 PM

Hello? Just wondering if there could be someone in support have a look at this forum post please? I have sent an email and posted in the ideas tracker and written on here as well but no response.

From My Email:

My client has just asked me if we can input lots of coupon codes at the same time. Obviously my answer is no, we have to add them individually. He says 'ah bloody hell, I'm signing up to this Groupon system and we need to be able to do this', so I have resorted to contacting you guys!

I think the best option would be an import/export option? Do you agree?

I have posted a question on the forum and looked on the ideas list, but unfortunately only 1 other person has asked for this, so I decided to email and see if you can help in any way? It seems the company he is dealing with is a discount scheme for their supposed 12 million customers? He is sending me tomorrow a .csv with 350 codes in it. We can possibly do it manually, but it seems this is just the tip of the iceberg, he then mentioned if the scheme works they will need to input thousands!

Is this something that could be developed by yourselves? How much would you charge for something like this? I guess the decision is that if it is more than us using another e-commerce solution that already has the capability to do this :-( then that would be better for us.

We are exploring options at the moment, but could do with a response quite quickly if you don't mind.

best regards

Justin Fancourt
Old 08-27-2011, 11:18 PM

Default Import promotion codes

Is it possible to import multiple discount codes, say a thousand or 5000 as setting them up one by one would be very time consuming.

I am being featured with Groupon and if I get the same results as other previous groupon users, with my product, then I could achieve up to an extra 5000 customers.

Groupon will give these customers a unique voucher code each and they will enter this in my shopping cart to receive the discount. Once they buy the vouchers from Groupon, Groupon will then send me all the voucher codes so that I can load them into my shopping cart before the customers live date for their vouchers, which is usually 24 hours later.

Please advise the best way to create lots of voucher codes in one go or how to import them.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:29 AM

This is not possible - I have asked before.

However, it may be worth you asking the Ecwid team to build you a custom mod - I suppose it all depends upon how much profit you will make through using Groupon.

In my opinion, Ecwid desperately needs the following for Coupons.

- An import facility - just as you require
- Multiple coupon generation instead of individual coupon generation
- An api function - so coupons can be extracted from Ecwid and included in email newsletters
Old 08-29-2011, 12:34 PM

Currently you can create your promotion coupons in Ecwid control panel, Promotions → Discount coupons. There is no practical limit on the number of coupons you can create.

But unfortunately, there is no way yet to import discount coupons or create multiple coupons at once, sorry. We understand that this functionality is important for your business and we plan to add this feature soon. Please, vote for this idea*to get this functionality implemented sooner: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...coupons-sectio
Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 PM

So any new info? I also need something that can handle a mass groupon code.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 PM

any new news on this , as it is needed.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
batch, cart, coupon codes, coupons, csv upload, discount, import promotion codes, promotions