The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 12:41 PM

Affiliates Reports

Hi,

Is there a way affiliates can track their sales themselves? I've tried contacting many potential affiliates but they all refuse to implement my store when I tell them they have to trust me about the sales because they cannot track them themselves..

Regards.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:11 AM

I'm having the same exact problem. Business owners just can't take your word for it, they have to see the numbers themselves. Goodluck, we've contacted 3 affiliate companies, and all three of them said "no" when I told them we can't give them a backend to see the sales themselves. I guess this is pretty standard in the affiliate marketing arena.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi,
Affiliates always prefer to have some kind of dashboard where they can track their sales & commissions. Even if a merchant has such an app installed on his own merchant's server, where he has full control over it (and technically can modify any number he wants), affiliates will trust it more than if numbers are sent to them directly.

So, if you want to launch an affiliate program, you should use some affiliate system that will track and calculate commissions and integrate it with Ecwid. There is plenty of them: the self-hosted ones, when you should install them on your own server or the SaaS ones, when you should just sign up.
Some examples that have come to my attention recently: Zferral and Post Affiliate Pro.

An important note: almost all affiliate systems are integrated with shopping carts by adding a few lines of JavaScript code to the last checkout page. In the next Ecwid version (10.2) we will add a new feature that will make such integrations very easy.

So, I'd suggest selecting an affiliate system you like, then waiting till 10.2 and integrating it with Ecwid.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-28-2011, 11:58 AM

That sounds just great, thanks a lot! I read somewhere on the forums 10.2 would have this update but wasn't sure. Thanks a lot for your hard work!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 PM

Just another quick question: how can I understand Ecwid is updated? I don't recall receiving any newsletter or something..?!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D. View Post
Just another quick question: how can I understand Ecwid is updated? I don't recall receiving any newsletter or something..?!
1. We always post announces about new releases to the "Ecwid Status" thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...?t=209&page=10 So just subscribe to it and you will get messages about planning released by email

Also we post announces to our Facebook page and Twitter.

2. Later, after the release, we post information to our blog.

3. If you want to know what Ecwid version is used now, just open this link: https://my.ecwid.com/version

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-28-2011, 12:27 PM

Thank you!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetzal View Post
Hi,
Affiliates always prefer to have some kind of dashboard where they can track their sales & commissions. Even if a merchant has such an app installed on his own merchant's server, where he has full control over it (and technically can modify any number he wants), affiliates will trust it more than if numbers are sent to them directly.

So, if you want to launch an affiliate program, you should use some affiliate system that will track and calculate commissions and integrate it with Ecwid. There is plenty of them: the self-hosted ones, when you should install them on your own server or the SaaS ones, when you should just sign up.
Some examples that have come to my attention recently: Zferral and Post Affiliate Pro.

An important note: almost all affiliate systems are integrated with shopping carts by adding a few lines of JavaScript code to the last checkout page. In the next Ecwid version (10.2) we will add a new feature that will make such integrations very easy.

So, I'd suggest selecting an affiliate system you like, then waiting till 10.2 and integrating it with Ecwid.
Do you know if there is a free affiliate system that we could use for small businesses?

The pricing structure is pretty high for us small business owners.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Bess View Post
I'm having the same exact problem. Business owners just can't take your word for it, they have to see the numbers themselves. Goodluck, we've contacted 3 affiliate companies, and all three of them said "no" when I told them we can't give them a backend to see the sales themselves. I guess this is pretty standard in the affiliate marketing arena.
It's all about ROI , pro affiliates need to see what ads are generating what clicks and what's converting, without that info they are stabbing in the dark so they won't put any effort in promoting you.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.