The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:36 AM

how to disable auto scroll

I have embedded a ecwid store in my webage via iframe.

Whenever I load the page, ecwid automatically scrolls to the iframe, instead of the top of the page.

As seen here (ecwid: how to force the scroll position), ecwid's solution for this is to add the following DIV inside the {body} tag:

<div id="ecwid_product_browser_scroller"></div>
I've made a fiddle to try to make it work, but it won't happen. I do know that people have used the same code to force the bar not to scroll down, so I must be doing something wrong.

Here's the fiddle: fiddle

Notice that the store is forcing the bar to scroll down. I would like it to stay at the top so customers actually see the banner.

UPDATE: Still don't know why the DIV does not work here fiddle. What am I missing?

We did manage to make it work inside the new fiddle but it does not work in my website Paving & Driveways in Derby
Old 03-16-2020, 11:52 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samit Patel1 View Post

Whenever I load the page, ecwid automatically scrolls to the iframe, instead of the top of the page.

As seen here (ecwid: how to force the scroll position), ecwid's solution for this is to add the following DIV inside the {body} tag:

I've made a fiddle to try to make it work, but it won't happen. I do know that people have used the same code to force the bar not to scroll down, so I must be doing something wrong.

Notice that the store is forcing the bar to scroll down. I would like it to stay at the top so customers actually see the banner.

UPDATE: Still don't know why the DIV does not work here fiddle. What am I missing?

We did manage to make it work inside the new fiddle but it does not work in my website Paving & Driveways in Derby

Hello Samit,

It's Pixie from Ecwid team. Thanks for contacting us!

By default, Ecwid scrolls to the top of your Ecwid store. If you want to change the scroll position, you should add the code
HTML Code:
to the source code of the page (right after the <body> tag).

I've checked the site https://pavingdrivewaysderby.co.uk/ and don't see an Ecwid store added there. Is the page with Ecwid unpublished? If yes, please publish the page and I'll check the way you added the code to force the scroll position.

Also, I noticed that the site is built with WordPress. We have a special Ecwid plugin for WordPress. Please clarify why you want to add the store to the iFrame container.

You should use the plugin to add the store to a WP site. The plugin allows adding the whole product catalog, a certain product on a page, categories menu, search and shopping cart widgets, etc.

How to add Ecwid to a WP site: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...1259-Wordpress

If you have any further questions, please ask.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:52 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samit Patel1 View Post

Hello Samit,

It's Pixie from Ecwid team. Thanks for contacting us!

By default, Ecwid scrolls to the top of your Ecwid store. If you want to change the scroll position, you should add the code
HTML Code:
to the source code of the page (right after the <body> tag).

I've checked the site https://pavingdrivewaysderby.co.uk/ and don't see an Ecwid store added there. Is the page with Ecwid unpublished? If yes, please publish the page and I'll check the way you added the code to force the scroll position.

Also, I noticed that the site is built with WordPress. We have a special Ecwid plugin for WordPress. Please clarify why you want to add the store to the iFrame container.

You should use the plugin to add the store to a WP site. The plugin allows adding the whole product catalog, a certain product on a page, categories menu, search and shopping cart widgets, etc.

How to add Ecwid to a WP site: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...1259-Wordpress

If you have any further questions, please ask.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.