Old 12-13-2018, 12:53 PM

Facebook Store product synch created a new product for every option

How can we help you?
I have turned on the Facebook store option in ecwid, and it has synched my products for the first time, but there are some glaring issues.

Firstly, my products have options on them like size and colour, and the sync created a single item for each option variant, even though there is a drop-down option in each listing. this has taken a catalogue of about 50 products and made hundreds of duplicates.

Secondly, not all of the images, options, or products successfully synced. Some listings are imageless when their other option clones are fine. Other products have options, but have not transferred those to the FB store. It seems like any product that has any option other than size, or more than one option (even if that includes size) didn't transfer any options.

Thirdly, I entered my products into the root categories as well as the sub categories, because I wanted the products to show along with the categories in my website. But when I sync with FB, these items are duplicated with each category and sub category. So, "Necklaces" as a root category has 4 sub-categories with 6 products in total, and the same 6 associated with the root, but on facebook there are 13 in just the Necklace category.

And finally, the categories are rubbish! The sub-categories don't function as true subcats, just as named root categories that includes the ecwid rootcat in the name.

Please help, this makes FB shop unusable!

Please provide the link to your storefront
FB: https://www.facebook.com/saltandwaterstudios/shop/
Web: https://www.saltwaterstudios.co.uk/shop.html
Old 12-13-2018, 08:51 PM

I have used a workaround to fix the duplicate listings issue I was having earlier. I realised that any listing with just one option was being cloned as many times as there were variables in that option. Meanwhile, any product with no options, or multiple options was just being listed in facebook once. No options makes sense, but my guess is that multiple options are too complicated to translate to facebook, and it treats them as none.

Anyway, I needed to put a feedback box on some of my listings anyway, which counts as another option, and as this would make every product have at least one null option, or at least two multiple options, and therefore FB treats it as one item.

This has worked to allow my items to sync and not create multiples of anything based on the option variables. The categories, on the other hand, are still kind of a mess. And I am still missing thumbnail images for one or two of my products.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:16 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for contacting us!
It's Felix from Ecwid Customer Care team, and I'll be happy to assist you.

Quote:
my products have options on them like size and colour, and the sync created a single item for each option variant
What you are describing here is a known behavior. Facebook shows each product option as a separate product. However, you can see your products displayed this way only when you view your shop tab as an admin of your Facebook page. In other words, your customer won't see any duplicates for each product option, when they visit your Facebook shop https://www.facebook.com/saltandwaterstudios/shop/. You can test it yourself, by browsing your shop tab from a different Facebook account, which isn't associated with your Facebook page to which your Ecwid store is connected.

I understand that it can be confusing. However, it depends on Facebook only and, I'm afraid, we aren't able to affect this behavior on our side, I'm sorry. Currently, we are working on the improvement of our integration together with Facebook. So we will share this feedback with the Facebook team and ask if there is anything that can be done to fix this issue in the future.

Quote:
not all of the images, options, or products successfully synced
I have checked your Facebook shop https://www.facebook.com/saltandwaterstudios/shop/ and fond only two product without any images:
  1. Vintage Swarovski Crystal Stud Earrings
  2. Hammered Hearts Chain Necklace

Then I have checked your store settings by going to Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products and fond that those exact products don't have any images uploaded in your catalog. Make sure to upload some images for these products in your store settings, and Ecwid will automatically update them on Facebook. Please note, that it might take up to 48 hours for Facebook to upload new images of your products.

As for the product options, the only way to display your options on the Facebook product page is by using our product variations feature. Product variations (e.g., size and color variants) will be uploaded to the Facebook Shop with corresponding selections. Products that have a variation that reads Any will be uploaded without variations.

Here the is how the final result on Facebook shop may look like:

If you want to learn more about how product variations work, please refer to this article in our Help Center:
https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...uct-variations

Please note that product variations feature is only available on our Business and Unlimited plans. However, your customers can always proceed to your store page by clicking on the Check Out on Website button, and choose their options there.

As for the products, I have checked your store settings by going to Ecwid Control Panel → Sell on Facebook and found that all 38 products that you have enabled in your catalog are currently synced with your Facebook shop.

If in the future your products aren't getting approved after a while, make sure that:
  1. Your store and Facebook business doesn't contain any restricted and prohibited content that is listed in the Facebook's Commerce Policies: https://www.facebook.com/policies/commerce
  2. Your products comply with Facebook's guidelines for listing products: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/481150918755515
Once your products comply with all the Facebook requirements, try resyncing your catalog by going to Ecwid Control Panel → Sell on Facebook and clicking on the Sync Products button.

Quote:
The sub-categories don't function as true subcats, just as named root categories that includes the ecwid rootcat in the name.
Facebook Collections and Ecwid Categories are organized in different ways. While in Ecwid you may have categories and subcategories inside them, in Facebook Shop you can only organize your products into various collections without the option to add a subcategory/subcollection inside it. That's why each category or subcategory that you have in your Ecwid is represented as a separate collection in your Facebook Shop.

Quote:
I needed to put a feedback box on some of my listings anyway, which counts as another option, and as this would make every product have at least one null option, or at least two multiple options, and therefore FB treats it as one item.
As I mentioned earlier, your products are displayed on your Facebook as individual products without any duplicates, so if you don't need these options, you may consider to remove them.

I hope this info helps. If not and you are still having some troubles with the way how your products are shown on Facebook, please let me know. Once I get more details, I will be happy to look closer into your case.

Also, feel free to ask if you have any further questions.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:07 PM

I am having this same problem.. any other fixes besides the "feedback box"?? why isnt there an admin answering this question? it is a real issue. I cannot use the store on facebook because of this
Old 12-24-2018, 10:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello Casey,

Alexandra with Ecwid team is here, thanks for your message! Let me address your concerns below.

Quote:
I am having this same problem.. any other fixes besides the "feedback box"??it is a real issue. I cannot use the store on facebook because of this
As I understand you mean product options being displayed as separate products for admins of Facebook pages. I am sorry that it brings any inconveniences, however at the moment we can't change it from our end — we have to wait for adjustments made by Facebook developers. Both teams are working together to improve our current integration with Facebook, so we truly appreciate your feedback and patience.

Quote:
why isnt there an admin answering this question?
Felix is from Ecwid support team too, although for some reason the system didn't display an Ecwid badge next to his nickname. We've fixed it, I apologize for any confusion caused.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:44 PM

Thanks felix and Alexandra. The image issue seemed to resolve itself eventually after a few syncs. It wasn’t the two listings with no images that were affected. Obviously those wouldn’t show. By the time you looked it appeared to have fixed itself.