The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:55 AM

Wink

Upgrade/Upsell Option AFTER customer purchases ?

Hey All,

I just set up an online store for a client with two products - The Book = $100, and a Course = $500 and I'm wondering the following - When someone purchases the Book at $100 I'd like to give them the option to upgrade to the Course later by paying the additional $400 however, I'm not sure exactly how to display the Course at $400 ONLY to these customers ?

In other words, I'd like to display the Course at a $400 price point ONLY to the people who already bought the Book at $100 without anyone else seeing this item listed at that price in the store.

Any idea how to accomplish this ?

Many thanks
Mo

Last edited by Mozez A; 09-04-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozez A View Post
Hey All,

I just set up an online store for a client with two products - The Book = $100, and a Course = $500 and I'm wondering the following - When someone purchases the Book at $100 I'd like to give them the option to upgrade to the Course later by paying the additional $400 however, I'm not sure exactly how to display the Course at $400 ONLY to these customers ?

In other words, I'd like to display the Course at a $400 price point ONLY to the people who already bought the Book at $100 without anyone else seeing this item listed at that price in the store.

Any idea how to accomplish this ?

Many thanks
Mo
Hello,

Currently there is no other built-in functionality allowing to have different prices for different customers. However this idea is very popular among Ecwid users. Please, vote for it to get automatically notified when it is released:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...s-of-customers

As a workaround you can create a discount coupon and set it up to provide $100 discount for repeated customers only and limit it to be applicable only to the Course. You can place the promotion code somewhere on your site or distribute it to your customers via email on through Ecwid mail notifications. Please, refer to this article for details about creating and setting up discount coupons in Ecwid: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/24739561/Discount%20coupons

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.