The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:33 PM

Location: We are based in the busy market town of Mold in North Wales.

Google Shopping XML File

Looking at my Google Merchant account there are warnings of missing attributes on every page. The values are `Size`, `Age Group`, `Gender` and `Color`. I have added these extra lines to the `General` attributes type but they do not show up in the XML file. Is this the correct way to add these missing values?

Boobox
Old 08-14-2013, 05:04 AM
Real Mens Wallets:1072071@deleted's Avatar
Real Mens Wallets:1072071@deleted Real Mens Wallets:1072071@deleted is offline

Default Google Feed required attributes still missing in Version 14.0.526

Was excited after the latest update to version 14.0.526, having read many threads that the issue of products in feeds for Google Shopping into "Apparel" would be resolved in this release

It appears this has still not been resolved and these attributes are still not included in the feed, despite having added the fields under ECWID > product> attributes tab.

I was under the impression from this article : http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/63856263/Google%20shopping

that this would be resolved in this latest version of 1.4.

After generating and uploading the latest feed, Google merchant still reports required missing attributes: gender, color, age group .. and recommended attribute, MPN.

Is this fix coming anytime soon?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

As you properly mentioned, Google requires color, size, gender, age group and brand attributes to be set in the feed for apparel products: https://support.google.com/merchants.../1347943?hl=en

Ecwid supports this so you can make your Ecwid products feed to comply with the requirements. To do it, you will need to use special Apparel product types and the corresponding attributes instead of custom attributes under General class. How to do it:
1. Create a product type with Apparel & Accessories taxonomy assigned:
  • In your control panel, navigate to Catalog -> Product types
  • Click 'New product type' and choose the type that you think better fits your products under the 'Apparel & Accessories' group, e.g. 'Clothing'
  • The new created product type will appear with a set of pre-defined attributes (UPC, brand, age, color, gender, size). Screenshot: http://d.pr/i/nkRQ

2. Assign a product to the created type and set attributes for it:
  • On the product details page, open the 'Attributes' tab
  • Assign the new type to the product and set attributes. Screenshot: http://d.pr/i/YKPv

That's all. Now the product will be treated as an item that requires a special set of attributes and those attributes will get to the feed along with the other product data. Please do so for each product you need to make apparel.

After that, the new generated Google shopping feed will contain the updated product with mentioned attributes. Please mind Ecwid generates the updated feed each 12 hours so you will need to wait a bit.

NOTE: Ecwid currently specifies only the general products category in the feed, i.e. the one you choose under the 'Marketplaces' section in your Ecwid control panel. So, you can set different taxonomies for your products and in case of Apparel-kind ones, the necessary attributes will be passed to the feed, but in the feed all products will have the same general category. We will change this in the future Ecwid versions, so you'll be able to have different taxonomy for different products in the feed as well.

P.S.: thank you for pointing to the misleading info in our KB and sorry for the inconveniences it caused. We will fix it.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Makfruit; 09-06-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:49 AM

Location: We are based in the busy market town of Mold in North Wales.

Thanks for the reply, just the answer we were looking for.

Boobox
Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Webpartner

Exclamation Product Type Taxonomy not being passed to Google feed

This function is not working as far as I can tell for non-apparel goods.
Whilst the process goes through the motions (ie - create new product type, assign new product type to goods, enter in values) the Google feed is not picking up the new taxonomy class for that product. It is still only passing the general taxonomy to the google feed.
Please can you clarify the working state of this please.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Input View Post
This function is not working as far as I can tell for non-apparel goods.
Whilst the process goes through the motions (ie - create new product type, assign new product type to goods, enter in values) the Google feed is not picking up the new taxonomy class for that product. It is still only passing the general taxonomy to the google feed.
Please can you clarify the working state of this please.
Hello,

You're right. Ecwid currently specifies only the general products category in the feed, i.e. the one you choose under the 'Marketplaces' section in your Ecwid control panel. So, you can set different taxonomies for your products and in case of Apparel-kind ones, the necessary attributes will be passed to the feed, but all products will have the same (general) category in the feed.

We will change this in the future Ecwid versions, so you'll be able to have different taxonomy for different products in the feed as well.

I've added this note to my message above in this thread as well. Thank you for pointing this out.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.