The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:29 AM

Multiple analytics tracking codes?

We have a ton of domain names, is there a way to add multiple analytics codes in the backend of ecwid? Right now when we get sales, it's only being tracked through our main domain we have listed. This is really putting a hinder on the way we track our sales.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Bess View Post
We have a ton of domain names, is there a way to add multiple analytics codes in the backend of ecwid? Right now when we get sales, it's only being tracked through our main domain we have listed. This is really putting a hinder on the way we track our sales.
Hi,
I think it is possible using some custom JS code. For example:

HTML Code:
if (location.hostname == "mysite.com") {
  //tracking code for mysite.com
} else if  (location.hostname == "example.com") {
  //tracking code for example.com
}

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 PM

Talking about within the backend of ecwid. Right now all of our sales show up within one analytic profile for our main branding site. Would be nice to have that data in our other analytic accounts for our other domain names we deliver traffic to via PPC marketing.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Bess View Post
Talking about within the backend of ecwid. Right now all of our sales show up within one analytic profile for our main branding site. Would be nice to have that data in our other analytic accounts for our other domain names we deliver traffic to via PPC marketing.
Do you mean Google Analytics?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 AM

Yes, right now you can only add 1 google analytics UA profile code within the backend of Ecwid.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstortionist View Post
Yes, right now you can only add 1 google analytics UA profile code within the backend of Ecwid.
Derek,

Thank you for clarifications.

Indeed, even if Ecwid storefront is installed on different domains, GA statistics for them are displayed under same GA account. There is currently no way to set tracking for different GA accounts within single Ecwid store. But you're right - this functionality should be improved. Moreover, speaking of Ecwid multi-domain functions in general, there are several things that need to be enhanced. For example, storefront URL profile setting cannot be set separately for storefronts - it is configured for certain store profile as well. We will think about it.

By the way, could you as an advanced GA user give us a piece of advice? How you think would be better to track visits/sales from different storefronts - is it necessary to have a separate GA account for each of them or maybe it is possible to mark e-commerce transactions coming from different places with some domain-specific label and then create reports in GA filtered by those markers? Maybe, if GA provides a functions that allow such adjustment, it will be best to implement it this way. What do you think?

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM

I'm actually Google Analytics Certified and we can track sales through Google Adwords right now with conversion tracking, and it will tell us what adgroup / ad / domain produced the same but it would be better to have these sales show up on the individual google analytics account for each domain.

One of the vendors I use to do work with at MSA had a backend that would allow you to add multiple analytic profile for when we had clients that had multiple domains for landing pages, blind advertising sites, microsites, etc... This is very common practice in order to achieve 10 / 10 quality score with Google Adwords, all of the keywords we bid on have a 10 quality score because we utilize specific domains for each campaign we have created.

I've attached a screenshot of how the vendor we did work for had their backend system setup for adding multiple tracking codes on a per domain basis. I'm sure your setup is much different then there's but this is a general ideal.

I believe tracking codes can be switched out based off of ecwid knowing what the main URL / domain name is and only displaying the correct tracking code based off of the domain name.

The Following User Says Thank You to Derek Bess For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Ecwid Team

Thank you, the suggestion is very interesting. I'll forward it to my colleagues.

What do you think about other possible storefront-specific features? Maybe different categories, shipping/payment settings or anything else? What would be useful for you?

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
Thank you, the suggestion is very interesting. I'll forward it to my colleagues.

What do you think about other possible storefront-specific features? Maybe different categories, shipping/payment settings or anything else? What would be useful for you?
I think Google Products would be a great addition, I know you guys have it on the list of things to work on.

Maybe a reporting center for users who are not very familiar with google analytics. It will be a lot of work but having a reporting center would be great to have for big companies looking to have reports ready for stockholders, ceo's and decision makers.

I know having a report showing month over month, year over year, etc... would be great as well. Magento has a decent reporting center but it's just too difficult to setup for general users, we need something simple that is effective in letting shop owner know what products need to be pushed.

better SEF URLs and Ability to create custom meta titles and descriptions and also have them be created dynamic with page title being:

%Product Title% | %Product Category% | %Custom Field% | %Store / Company Name%

The Meta description would be dynamically generated based off of the first x amount of characters within the description field.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Thank you for the suggestions. We will take them into account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Gordon View Post
I think Google Products would be a great addition, I know you guys have it on the list of things to work on.
The feature is currently under development.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
google analytics, multiple websites