The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 AM

is it possible to do multi-language shop?

How can I organize an Internet-store in 2 languages? Or is it impossible with Ecwid? Thanks. Nick
Old 01-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickural View Post
How can I organize an Internet-store in 2 languages? Or is it impossible with Ecwid? Thanks. Nick
Hi Nick.
If you want to show your storefront in different languages for visitors from different countries, then it is already possible. Ecwid is translated into 29 languages: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...20and%20How-to

If you want to have separate product names and descriptions for each language, then it isn't possible yet. Please vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ions?ref=title

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 AM

I can't find where in the storefront you can choose which language you want the page to be in? Like if you were Danish and you would come in to my Icelandic page I would like it to be list or button in the upper corner that said "english" or "dansih" etc...??

Thanks
Gudrún
Old 02-24-2011, 12:20 PM

The store changes languages automatically based on the language preferences in the browser. You can enable/disable languages by going to System Settings > General > Languages.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:28 PM

I understand that, but I think it need to be button that you can click on as customer and choose another language, like here in Iceland, many/most people have their browser in English, but prefer to read online stores in Icelandic.. And I think it might be the same in many other Nordic countries were we are going to get our customers from...

Thanks
Gudrún
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyngja.is View Post
I understand that, but I think it need to be button that you can click on as customer and choose another language, like here in Iceland, many/most people have their browser in English, but prefer to read online stores in Icelandic.. And I think it might be the same in many other Nordic countries were we are going to get our customers from...

Thanks
Gudrún
The language of the customer's browser UI may be not the same as the preferred content language. Ecwid uses a rather smart way of detecting what storefront language should be shown, not falling back to browser version or physical location of a customer, but looking at the special option inside the browser instead. Most likely most of your customers have this option set the proper way (is usually set automatically) so they will see a valid, readable translation in your storefront.

You want to have an ability to add a language switcher, you can post an idea to our ideas base ( http://ideas.ecwid.com ), so this feature would appear in our future versions.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
The language of the customer's browser UI may be not the same as the preferred content language. Ecwid uses a rather smart way of detecting what storefront language should be shown, not falling back to browser version or physical location of a customer, but looking at the special option inside the browser instead. Most likely most of your customers have this option set the proper way (is usually set automatically) so they will see a valid, readable translation in your storefront.

You want to have an ability to add a language switcher, you can post an idea to our ideas base ( http://ideas.ecwid.com ), so this feature would appear in our future versions.
Will Ecwid be able to add the language switcher button to my site if i subscribe to your custom plan?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov2003 View Post
Will Ecwid be able to add the language switcher button to my site if i subscribe to your custom plan?
The custom plan is necessary, when you want to have a feature, which is unique for your store and isn't necessary for the other Ecwid users.

If you just want to add a new feature, which would be useful for others too, then it is possible just to sponsor it. Usually it involves a one-time fee only. Please contact us, if you're interested.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 PM

Hi,

I need my shop to be displayed in both Italian and English and eventually more languages...I've enabled the Italian translation in ecwid cp but still see all the content in English, eventually would like to know how exactly this automatic browser option is set and how it works?

many thanks

"The language of the customer's browser UI may be not the same as the preferred content language. Ecwid uses a rather smart way of detecting what storefront language should be shown, not falling back to browser version or physical location of a customer, but looking at the special option inside the browser instead. Most likely most of your customers have this option set the proper way (is usually set automatically) so they will see a valid, readable translation in your storefront."
Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetzal View Post
If you want to have separate product names and descriptions for each language, then it isn't possible yet. Please vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ions?ref=title
I'm building up a new website and I have to decide which shopping cart to use. Ecwid would be my first choice if it had this multilanguage feature.

Any news about this feature?
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.