The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 PM

Exclamation

How to offer BUY ONE GET ONE FREE

I have read through many forum posts and have not gotten an answer that worked. I would like to offer a BOGOF offer on our t-shirts. I have tried the bulk pricing, however is it limited to one product and it will not let you set up pricing as such.

EX: Buy one shirt for $5 get one free

BULK PRICING: Base price $5.00
2-2 $5.00
3-3 $10.00
4-4 $10.00
etc.....
When these prices are placed in bulk pricing it gives multiple errors "should be less than base price" and the ones below say "should be less than previous"

I would be willing to make a coupon, however I cannot generate a coupon that is conditional on quantity.

EX: Coupon Name: BOGO $5.00 off OR Coupon Name: BOGO x% off

$5.00 off would not work if a customer purchased 4 or more shirts. I do not want to have to make multiple coupons and have the customer have to choose, such as BOGO1 = $5 off, BOGO2+ $10off, etc. Not only could the customer get confused, they could use a $10off coupon for a two shirt purchase and get them free because there is no clarifying quantity field.

PLEASE HELP, I am a business account customer and would appreciate the functionality of something so simple that is used in everyday e-commerce sites. I do not mind adding custom code to achieve this, I just need to achieve it!
The Following User Says Thank You to OMP For This Useful Post:
ECS Gear (11-30-2015)
Old 10-01-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Kate Binkley View Post
I have read through many forum posts and have not gotten an answer that worked. I would like to offer a BOGOF offer on our t-shirts. I have tried the bulk pricing, however is it limited to one product and it will not let you set up pricing as such.

2-2 $5.00
3-3 $10.00
4-4 $10.00
etc.....
When these prices are placed in bulk pricing it gives multiple errors "should be less than base price" and the ones below say "should be less than previous"

I would be willing to make a coupon, however I cannot generate a coupon that is conditional on quantity.

EX: Coupon Name: BOGO $5.00 off OR Coupon Name: BOGO x% off

$5.00 off would not work if a customer purchased 4 or more shirts. I do not want to have to make multiple coupons and have the customer have to choose, such as BOGO1 = $5 off, BOGO2+ $10off, etc. Not only could the customer get confused, they could use a $10off coupon for a two shirt purchase and get them free because there is no clarifying quantity field.

PLEASE HELP, I am a business account customer and would appreciate the functionality of something so simple that is used in everyday e-commerce sites. I do not mind adding custom code to achieve this, I just need to achieve it!
Hi!

Quote:

2-2 $5.00
3-3 $10.00
4-4 $10.00
etc.....
Let me explain why you get these errors. When you set bulk prices, you should set the price for ONE item not the whole set of items, i.e.if the base price is $5 and you want to sell two items for the same $5, you should set:
quantity 2-2 - price $2,5.
More about bulk discount pricing: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/54816203/...ount%20pricing

Quote:
You’re right, unfortunately, for now Ecwid doesn’t allow setting discount coupons depending on quantity. If you think such functionality should be added to Ecwid, please, add your suggestion to our Ideas Base: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...deas-for-ecwid
You can find all the information about discount coupons in Ecwid here: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/24739561/Discount%20coupons

Quote:
I would like to offer a BOGOF offer on our t-shirts
I can suggest you the following solutions:

1) You can send out additional free item yourself after customer has placed an order. So you will organize the process in a way that customer first buys one product, you receive all the info on the order and include extra products into the parcel.

In this case you don’t need to set any discounts, just inform your customer about BOGOF offer, i.e. in product description.

Please, note, in case customer orders one item, you send him two items, but the quantity in stock in your Ecwid control panel is reduced by one (because Ecwid doesn’t know that you send one more item). To prevent it you can:
1. change the quantity in stock manually after each order you receive
2. set quantity in stock twice less than you actually have.

2) Or you may want to use Product Variations feature, i.e. sell an extra t-shirt for free as a part of product variation and provide customers with a choice between offers (1+1 free, 2+2 free, etc.)
Variations are based on product options, so to set it up you should
1. create new product option , i.e. ‘Special offer’ (Ecwid Control Panel-> Catalog-> Product page->Options->Options tab)
2. Add selections to this option, i.e.
1+1 free
2+2 free
3+3 free
etc.
3. Create product variation (Variations tab) for each selection.
As product variation may be considered as a separate product, you can set unique price for each variation (thus for each selection)
As a result on the product details page in your store you’ll have:
Price $5
SPECIAL OFFER
1+1 free $5
2+2 free $10
3+3 free $15

For more information about product variations, please, refer to http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/40532454/...20Combinations

Please, mind how the inventory will be changed: when customer’s buying such a variation the quantity of the free t-shirt won’t be changed - the variation’s inventory only will be updated. So if you’re selling these free t-shirts as regular items as well at certain prices, you’ll need to change their quantity in stock in your Ecwid control panel manually.

3) One more possible variant is custom programming: to develop a script that will automatically add an extra product to the bag (i.e. customer adds 1 item to the bag, one more free item is added automatically). The script would monitor the state of the customer's shopping bag and adds your promotional product into the cart under certain conditions.
If you need a professional help with creating such script, I suggest you referring to our friends from Qualiteam. Send a letter at sales@qtmsoft.com to ask for quote.

Hope this will help you to solve your issue.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:02 AM

Hello, The problem with this offer as a BOGO Free is that from the customer perspective is doesn't look like they are getting anything for FREE. The customer wants to be able to see that they paid FULL price for one item and then got the other item for FREE, not that they got two items as a BULK PRICE that is equal to the equivalent of the one item. I want my invoice to reflect the transaction and the sale that I have going on. I shouldn't have to rig the system to make it work. Plus, what happens if they only order three items? Then your bulk price doesn't work because my price is exceeding the amount. Two items is BOGO Free. Well three items is BOGO free then you have to pay for the third at full price again. So how can I get my customers invoice to show that it's a BOGO so my accounting will reflect correctly? Also, what do I need to do with the bulk pricing for those odd quantity pricings?

Thank you,
Scents of Angels
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatima Smith For This Useful Post:
Anna Stephens (05-02-2017), ECS Gear (11-30-2015)
Old 03-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima Smith View Post
Hello, The problem with this offer as a BOGO Free is that from the customer perspective is doesn't look like they are getting anything for FREE. The customer wants to be able to see that they paid FULL price for one item and then got the other item for FREE, not that they got two items as a BULK PRICE that is equal to the equivalent of the one item. I want my invoice to reflect the transaction and the sale that I have going on. I shouldn't have to rig the system to make it work. Plus, what happens if they only order three items? Then your bulk price doesn't work because my price is exceeding the amount. Two items is BOGO Free. Well three items is BOGO free then you have to pay for the third at full price again. So how can I get my customers invoice to show that it's a BOGO so my accounting will reflect correctly? Also, what do I need to do with the bulk pricing for those odd quantity pricings?

Thank you,
Scents of Angels
Hello,

Unfortunately at the moment there is no built-in feature to do exactly what you want. There is a corresponding ide in our Ides base though: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...e-get-one-free

Please, refer to this thread for a possible workaround:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20786#7

Also you might want to use a custom solution for that. You can develop a script that will automatically add an extra product to the cart (i.e. customer adds 1 item to the bag, one more free item is added automatically). The script would monitor the state of the customer's shopping bag and add your promotional the needed product to the cart under certain conditions.

Such solution requires programming skills though. If you need a professional help with creating such script, contact our team via this form.

Last edited by Lanna; 05-02-2016 at 12:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liza P For This Useful Post:

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
bogo, bulk discount, buy one get one free, coupon, offers