The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Exclamation

Product with Multiple Options for Price and Shipping

Here is the link to an item on the current site I'm trying to convert to ECWID.

http://infinitebanking.org/zstore-books-byob.php

I really don't want to have to list separate products for each of these options. But I need the price to change based on what is selected as well as a preset (not dynamic) shipping and handling charge.

How do I do this?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:29 PM

I am VERY new to this, but I believe you want to use the "Options" tab under the product setup. You can have the "master" item listed at $10.00. Then, you can setup either a drop down or a radio button list.

Quantity 10 - $100.00
Quantity 20 - $200.00
Case Price - $500.00
The Following User Says Thank You to info303 For This Useful Post:
Breze teas (01-22-2013)
Old 08-02-2011, 07:50 PM

Changing prices is simple. What I need to find is how to change the shipping amount when the specifics on the item change.

Example, it needs to know to charge extra for shipping a case of books vs a single copy.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:26 AM

I am having the same problem David, as I have increased quantities as options, I need pricing to increase - I can't have the same pricing cost for 1 bar of soap versus 14

Someone HELP!! I have been driving myself batty trying to figure this out.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stearns View Post
Changing prices is simple. What I need to find is how to change the shipping amount when the specifics on the item change.

Example, it needs to know to charge extra for shipping a case of books vs a single copy.
David, for a different shipping per different choices in your options you can use the feature called product variations.

For each set of values in your options you can create a separate variation and assign it a correct weight. Then based on that weight you can determine the right shipping cost by either using a set of user-defined shipping methods or a carrier-calculated method (UPS, FedEx, USPS etc).

Please, notice that product variations are available for Silver plan accounts only.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocustGroves View Post
I am having the same problem David, as I have increased quantities as options, I need pricing to increase - I can't have the same pricing cost for 1 bar of soap versus 14

Someone HELP!! I have been driving myself batty trying to figure this out.
If you need to change just the price of your product, then you need to just add price modifiers to your options. More on product options in Ecwid here: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853269/...-your-products

However, if you need to change the shipping cost according to the customers' selection of options, you need to use product variations as described in my post above.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:57 PM

Default Shipping weights associated with options?

Is there a way to associate the weight of a item with the size of the item you pick instead of just one weight for a SKU?

When someone buys a LARGE it will weight 16oz and a SMALL 2oz. Shipping costs are different. So the same SKU will cost less to ship if it the option was small (2oz) as opposed to a large (16oz). I will also need it to add these up if someone orders several different sizes and wants them shipped in one box. Shipping will need to be calculated based on the total weight of the order.

Please tell me there is a way to do this?

Many thanks,
Houston
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trale Mix View Post
Is there a way to associate the weight of a item with the size of the item you pick instead of just one weight for a SKU?

When someone buys a LARGE it will weight 16oz and a SMALL 2oz. Shipping costs are different. So the same SKU will cost less to ship if it the option was small (2oz) as opposed to a large (16oz). I will also need it to add these up if someone orders several different sizes and wants them shipped in one box. Shipping will need to be calculated based on the total weight of the order.

Please tell me there is a way to do this?

Many thanks,
Houston
To set a different weight per option you need to use the product variations. This feature is only available to paid accounts in Ecwid.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Thank you Eugene.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.