Old 06-25-2019, 08:34 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid support! Let me address your questions below.

Quote:
are there exhnge rates predefined or i can set the exchange rates myself
The Currency Converter app defines your customers' location automatically and shows the prices in their local currency. The conversion rates are provided by Yahoo finance service.

Quote:
Also do you offer zimbabwean dollar curency
Yes, Zimbabwean Dollar (ZWL) is also in the list of supported currencies in the app. For more details regarding its setup, please refer to the following guide: https://ecwid.simcase.ru/help?app_ty...ency_converter

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us again if any questions arise.
Kuloep David (07-18-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 01:33 PM

Is there an option to use a 'Credit Points' currency? Where a customer can draw down from pre-purchased credit points. So if the cost of an item is $500 in currency, it could be converted for example to be $500 or 72 credit points?
Old 09-19-2019, 01:33 PM

Default Credit Points Currency

Is there an option to use a 'Credit Points' currency? Where a customer can draw down from pre-purchased credit points. So if the cost of an item is $500 in currency, it could be converted for example to be $500 or 72 credit points?
Old 09-21-2019, 05:23 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello!

This April from Ecwid Customer Care Team.

Thank you for your post!

If I get you right, you’d like to offer your customers rewards and loyalty points.

I think the best way to do it is to install the Gratisfaction app. This is an all-in-one social loyalty and promotion program. You can reward your customers for any worthwhile unique actions they may take, like completing a purchase. You can also reward your customers for bringing in referrals that generate new sales for your business. Customers can spend their points by claiming rewards, from coupons to physical rewards. The app itself is pretty simple in usage.

You can install it by this link: https://my.ecwid.com/#apps:view=app&...tisfaction-app. All you need to do is just to click Install.

You can manage the app in your Ecwid Control Panel > All Sales Channels > Gratisfaction.

After you set it up, your customers will be able to collect credit points at your store!

Hope this will help you. Feel free to ask any questions, I’ll be glad to assist!

Best regards,

April Z.

Ecwid Customer Care Team
Old 10-10-2019, 01:14 AM

Default Is the App Developer Reliable?

Hi Ecwid,

Is Simcase the app developer reliable? Since the app would have access to a lot of personal including financial information, I hope this question is valid.

Another question: with the converter, will the customers be CHARGED in the currency they selected or the currency is only for display purposes and they will still be charged in the Shopping Cart default currency?

Thanks!

BMM
Old 10-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello!
This is Vicky from Ecwid Customer Care team. Thank you for your message.

I'll be happy to help!

Let me address all your questions one by one.

Quote:
Is Simcase the app developer reliable? Since the app would have access to a lot of personal including financial information, I hope this question is valid.
My answer is yes. The Currency converter app is developed by a third-party company called 'Simcase'. If you have any questions or wishes, please contact them by email contact@simcase.ru. By the way, you can see app in Action here: http://demo.simcase.ru/

Quote:
with the converter, will the customers be CHARGED in the currency they selected or the currency is only for display purposes and they will still be charged in the Shopping Cart default currency?
The app only displays the prices in multiple currencies. On checkout your customers will pay in the main currency of your store. You can set it in your Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → General → Regional Settings. For example, your store is in the US and a customer place order from Europe. In this case, the customer will see prices in EUR and payment transaction will convert EUR to USD.

Just in case, here's the article with more information about the Currency Converter app: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ency-Converter

Hope this helps! Feel free to write back if you have any other questions.

Ecwid Customer Care team.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:41 AM

Can I manually ad a spacer between the currency abbreviations (in my case CHF) and the amount... all prices are displayed like "CHF734", which is hard to read. Is it possible to display all prices like "CHF 734" instead?
Old 03-07-2020, 06:04 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

This is Charlie, Ecwid customer care.

Quote:
Can I manually ad a spacer between the currency abbreviations (in my case CHF) and the amount... all prices are displayed like "CHF734", which is hard to read. Is it possible to display all prices like "CHF 734" instead?
You should go to your Ecwid admin panel > Settings > General > Regional settings and in the prefix field, where you put "CHF", put "CHF ". In other words, put "CHF" and then a space after it. See:
https://ecwid.d.pr/n1zrbb

That should work! Let me know how it goes.

Tags
currency, currency conversion, currency converter, ecwid