The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:10 PM

Payment details page: "or" problem

I have applied the code to remove the "sign-in" link on the payment details page. I have also read here and here about how to remove the pesky "or" that's leftover. I apologize in advance, but I'm not understanding where to list this correction.

I have used Firebug to isolate it..and I see it..but I don't know how to fix it, even after all the KB reading.

Could someone please be more specific about which "label" to edit, and where to put it? Again, I have made all the desired custom edits on my payment details page, except for this one thing.

Additionally -- the same question would apply for the "Enter shipping address OR" syntax as well.

Thanks,
MJ

Last edited by Michael Jackson; 06-26-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:42 PM

You need to place this script:
Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"PaymentDetails.enter_email":"Enter your e-mail ",
"ShippingDetails.enter_address_or":"Enter shipping address "
}
</script>
into the HTML source of youк shop page on your website.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
MJ_ (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 08:14 PM

Many thanks, Eugene! Fixed.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 PM

Another issue regarding the same question. The aforementioned code works fine for the Normal View Shopping Bag minicart mode.

However, when you enter the same shopping bag through the Mini Fixed mode, it generates the poup-up frame, where the "or" leftover remains.

Does the "Mini view" mode use different label names, or different java script file?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:49 PM

Could you possibly open your store temporarily and set the cart to the Mini Fixed mode? It will let is reproduce the issue and find a solution.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:28 PM

Opened.

I guess I've localised the problem down to the following:
as you know, in the wordpress you can create content in two different ways: by creating "posts" and "pages".

So, if you try to access the cart from the "Mini Fixed mode" when any "post" is opened, or category filter etc., everything goes great: the "Mini Fixed mode" script generates link like
www.sitename.com/store/#ecwid:mode=cart
and the cart opens in the browser window.
(assuming that you've put the ecwid shop script to www.sitename.com/store)

In this case the problem of the "or" leftover, mentioned above is solved by the script that Eugene has posted.

But if you want to access the cart from the "Mini Fixed mode" from the main page, or when any "page" is opened, the "Mini Fixed mode" script generates different link. Like this:
www.sitename.com/PAGENAME/#ecwid:mode=cart
and the cart opens not in the browser window, but in a poup-up frame, where the "or" problem remains.

You can check it on my site: just put something to the bag, and try access the cart from the main paige by clicking the mini cart in a footer in the bottom-right corner. I've put the "Mini Fixed mode" there. It reads "Корзина".
Old 08-15-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AplCase shop View Post
Opened.

I guess I've localised the problem down to the following:
as you know, in the wordpress you can create content in two different ways: by creating "posts" and "pages".

So, if you try to access the cart from the "Mini Fixed mode" when any "post" is opened, or category filter etc., everything goes great: the "Mini Fixed mode" script generates link like
www.sitename.com/store/#ecwid:mode=cart
and the cart opens in the browser window.
(assuming that you've put the ecwid shop script to www.sitename.com/store)

In this case the problem of the "or" leftover, mentioned above is solved by the script that Eugene has posted.

But if you want to access the cart from the "Mini Fixed mode" from the main page, or when any "page" is opened, the "Mini Fixed mode" script generates different link. Like this:
www.sitename.com/PAGENAME/#ecwid:mode=cart
and the cart opens not in the browser window, but in a poup-up frame, where the "or" problem remains.

You can check it on my site: just put something to the bag, and try access the cart from the main paige by clicking the mini cart in a footer in the bottom-right corner. I've put the "Mini Fixed mode" there. It reads "Корзина".
There is no issue. If you are using Ecwid on another page, you need to use the custom translation code on that page too. There is no way that other page could know you have used the translation code somewhere else, you need to have that code in the page where you have the Payment details page shown.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
AplCase shop (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 05:53 PM

That makes a perfect sense. I didn't know that. Thanks Eugene, you are very helpful as usual.
I ended up just adding the corrected ecwid script to the text widget where I've put the mini view.
Solved!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
"or", email, enter, remove