The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:08 PM

Manual Sort & Category Filter

I have two questions that I can not solve.

1. How do I manually sort. Your forum is filled with outdated solutions as there appears to be no way to force a manual sort and all the forum posts are from 2009-2010 for manual sort?

2. How do I make the category filter staye filtered? When I filter products by a category to add a product to that category, and when I save the new product it takes me back to ALL products instead of just the filtered category.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Savinelli View Post
I have two questions that I can not solve.

1. How do I manually sort. Your forum is filled with outdated solutions as there appears to be no way to force a manual sort and all the forum posts are from 2009-2010 for manual sort?

2. How do I make the category filter staye filtered? When I filter products by a category to add a product to that category, and when I save the new product it takes me back to ALL products instead of just the filtered category.
Hello!

Thank you for your message. I’ll be glad to help you with the questions.

First, if I understand you correctly, you’d like to manually sort your products in Ecwid control panel, so your customers may see them in correct order, right?

If so, and since settings in your store seem to be in order, you might want just to sort them by drag-and-dropping them in Ecwid control panel> Catalog>Categories>’category products’.
The same method also works while sorting categories in Ecwid control panel> Catalog>Categories.
For further info, just in case, please to refer to that article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...-your-products

If you’ve done everything right, but products in storefront still aren’t displayed in the right order (when you look at it as any customer would look), there’s a possibility that you've manually selected some value in the storefront`s "Sort by" drop-down menu and it was remembered as your preference in your browser. The sorting setting in Ecwid control panel (System Settings>Cart), which is described in details in the guide, are displayed to a customer when they visit your store for the first time, and affects it only until user chooses some other sorting in “Sort by” dropdown menu. A customer can always select any other sort order and it will be saved as default order for this particular customer in the browser.
In order to check whether the option works correctly and how it looks for your customers, clear cookies and cache of your browser and open your store again or open it in another browser.

To your second question: could you give more details, please?
Do you create a new product in Ecwid control panel >Catalog> Products, then choose sorting by category, and then create a new product with “New product” button?
Or do you create new product in Ecwid control panel >Catalog> Categories > Category products, and use “create product” button?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.