The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:38 AM

New WordPress Plugin: Widgets Avalanche for Ecwid

Hello, how's it going?

I am new to the forums here but I have been developing Ecwid solutions for clients for the past few years. I wanted to let you know about a new WordPress plugin I just released:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/ecwid-widgets-avalanche/

It grabs your products and categories into some cool WP widgets, detailed in the link above.

Your store does need access to the new API (http://api.ecwid.com/), though this plugin makes authorization as simple as possible.

The plugin is pretty minimal in terms of UI, and there are some screenshots on the plugin page for you to preview. That said, it is extremely customizable at the functions.php level if you find a widget that you like, but need just a bit different.

I'd love to hear some feedback, bug reports, and feature requests!

This plugin is free to download and install.

Last edited by Scott Fennell; 01-22-2015 at 07:41 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Scott Fennell For This Useful Post:
Arthur Belostotsky (01-22-2015), Clara K (01-22-2015), Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), enot (01-22-2015), ginger (01-22-2015), Jamesvh (01-13-2017), Matt Ecwid (01-22-2015), Nakesha Phyliss (08-22-2016), Sergio87 (01-22-2015), Tiffiny Lilley (01-30-2017), Triskalia (01-30-2015), Rick G (01-22-2015), Wendy (01-22-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 05:47 AM

Hello again folks, I wanted to let you know that this plugin has been updated with the addition of a new widget to the titular avalanche of widgets: Autosuggest Search.

Now you can search your products via a jQuery UI autosuggest.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott Fennell For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), ginger (02-10-2015)
Old 02-12-2015, 03:49 AM

Good plugin
The Following User Says Thank You to Harold Schaaf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 07:06 AM

Speaking of widgets, I wanted to let you Ecwid fans know that my plugin has been updated with a new widget: A sortable table. Details are on the plugin page on wp.org:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/ecwid-widgets-avalanche/

Now you can showcase your products in a sortable table.

Additionally, all the widgets are now exposed as shortcodes. Details on shortcode usage can be found on the plugin settings page.

Other note: This update also includes some standardization to CSS classes as some patterns have emerged. If there are any CSS or JS wizards who are already targeting CSS classes in my plugin, you'll want to test before this update. These changes are not backwards compatible.

Last edited by Sergey; 02-17-2015 at 07:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Fennell For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2015, 01:34 AM

Hello again, WordPress fans. This plugin has been updated with the addition of an "RSS Link" widget, which is a link that points to an RSS feed for your products. Of course, in order to achieve this, this plugin now also publishes an RSS feed of your products in valid RSS2 format. More details can be found in the documentation section of the plugin settings page.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scott Fennell For This Useful Post:
Clara K (03-05-2015), Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), enot (02-23-2015), Marina Dryantsova (02-23-2015), Matt Ecwid (02-23-2015), Millan Ta (07-05-2019), Qetzal (02-24-2015), Sergio87 (02-23-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 11:24 AM

Cool plugins and updates. I really appreciate the hardwork. Keep it up!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark Agustin For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), Liza P (03-05-2015), Scott Fennell (03-05-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 05:55 PM

Thanks Mark!

I have not received much feedback from users yet. Would you mind providing a link to your store? I'd like to see how my plugin is holding up "in the wild".
Old 03-06-2015, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fennell View Post
Thanks Mark!

I have not received much feedback from users yet. Would you mind providing a link to your store? I'd like to see how my plugin is holding up "in the wild".
Hi Scott,
Thanks for creating all those cool widgets. Unfortunately, none of them work well for my format. The slow time load time is an issue since most of my customers are first time customers and I worry the wait will make them leave. I am however interested in getting the RSS feed to work. I am not sure how to do it but when I click the link in the documentation area, it says "XML Parsing Error: no element found". Obviously, I need more info on how to get this to work. I also like your Autosuggest Search a lot, but it only "suggests" a very few of my over 4000 listings. Anything I can do about that?
Thanks again, John
CozeeClothing.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cozee For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), GringaMo (05-04-2017), Scott Fennell (03-09-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 03:10 AM

Hey John,

I'm really thankful to get some constructive criticism and I would like to help you with these issues.

A word of clarification about the load times issue -- you might have the wrong idea. It's not an issue of every user having one slow page load. Rather, all it takes is one single user to visit the site, and that will establish the cache from which all subsequent visitors will benefit. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your concern, and you really are worried about that one individual page load. I could imagine providing a plugin option to set a longer lifespan for the cache -- right now it dumps once per day.

HOWEVER!

I can imagine that the Autosuggest in particular would be quite slow with 4,000 products, for all visitors. Is that where you are experiencing a problem? It would be helpful for me to see a page where you are running it. I could see what's happening. Would love to check it out on a test page.

As for the RSS feed giving you that error message, that's a little odd. One thing you might try is toggling your permalinks to any setting other than what they are right now, and then back to whatever setting you like to keep them at. This resets a WordPress cache related to feeds. The plugin should be doing this for you automatically, but you never know with computers, they have a mind of their own sometimes. Also try it at this url: CozeeClothing.com/?feed=products.xml. And, I'm also curious to know if you happen to have any trailing whitespace at the end of your functions.php file. If you're not sure how to check for this, I can explain more.

Edit: Depending on how this goes, I might ask you to meet me in the wp.org forum or do this via PM, but for now this is fine.

Last edited by Scott Fennell; 03-06-2015 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:43 PM

Hi Scott,
Thanks for clarifying the load time, If that's the case, it should not be a problem.
You were right, I did need to update my theme, thanks. I also toggled my permalinks and tried your modified rss link but still getting the same error message. If I were able to, I would put your widgets in the sidebar, but my sidebar is too narrow for most of them.
You will find autosuggest on my Health & Beauty page. You will also find the rss in the sidebar. It would be great, if the autosuggest worked for each individual category, to be placed on separate pages.
As far as the functions.php, there is a lot of white area below the script, if that is what you're asking.
John
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cozee For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), Scott Fennell (03-09-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.