Old 03-20-2020, 12:20 PM

How to set up shipping for 2 different Methods?

I want to sell bottles of juice and other products in my shop.
I've a fixed shipping rate for 6 or 12 bottles.

The setup I use now is, that I've setup shipping from 0-0.6kg and 0.6 to 1.2kg and giving each bottle the weight of 0.1 so it ads the coresponding shipping for 6 or up to 12 bottles.
I named it "Bottleshipping" and assigned that shipping method to the items.

If the customer orders an other product with the bottles i want that the shipping cost are added to ones for the bottles, cause I need to send them in an extra box.

Anyone know solution for my problem?

I'm not able to sell the bottles as bundles of 6 or 12 and give them a fixed shipping, cause I've lots of bottles to choose from with different prices... (although it would work this way :-( )
Old 03-21-2020, 04:28 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

This is Anastasia from Ecwid Support team. I'll be happy to help!

If I get you right you need to charge a shipping fee if customers add a product besides bottles to the shopping cart. I came up with two solutions for you:
1. You can include the shipping cost in a product price at Ecwid Admin > Catalog > Products > Edit product > Price.
2. You can set up a fixed rate shipping fee per item for such products at Ecwid Admin > Catalog > Products > Edit product > Tax and Shipping tab > Fixed rate per item. See screenshot: https://ecwid.d.pr/c6QfN9 Note, in this case, the shipping for such products won't be limited to a certain zone. More details: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...e-per-item-0-2

If you have any further questions — please, feel free to ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anastasia P. For This Useful Post:
Vera Leeb (03-25-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
2. You can set up a fixed rate shipping fee per item for such products at Ecwid Admin > Catalog > Products > Edit product > Tax and Shipping tab > Fixed rate per item.
If I use this, i see no shipping costs at all at checkout.
I thought if I use a fixed shipping rate for some products, that the shipping cost would just be added up and shown at checkout...

For e.g. if I order 6 bottles the shipping rate of them is 8.90 (calculated by weight, setup by me). If I then ad a product with a fixed shipping cost, they are not added to the 8.90 calculated for the shipping of the bottles, but instead no shipping costs are shown...
That's the problem.

For my shop I have shipping boxes for 6 or 12 bottles with fixed shipping rate. Any other item ordered at top of the bottles from the shop needs to be shipped in an extra box anyway so, I need two shippings that apply on my orders.
I hope you understand what I want my shop to do :-)
Thanks for help
Old 03-26-2020, 09:11 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

This is Elsa from Ecwid team. Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
If I use this, i see no shipping costs at all at checkout.
If you use the fixed shipping rate per item, the shipping cost will be shown at the checkout, see the example: https://ecwid.d.pr/JqdT8t

Quote:
I thought if I use a fixed shipping rate for some products, that the shipping cost would just be added up and shown at checkout...
If you add 5 bottles at checkout (it has a custom shipping rate based on weight) and add 1 Apfelchips product (it will have a fixed shipping rate, let's say 5 Euro) the shipping rate will be calculated as 11.90+5Euro=16.50Euro. So it takes into account 5 bottles (0,5kg) + 1Apfelchips (0.15kg)=0.65kg (11.50Euro) See the results at checkout: https://ecwid.d.pr/itOmDN So you earn 5Euro that can spend for the extra box.

Will that work for you?

If not, please contact us using the Online Chat, where one of the agents from the Support team can come up with alternatives. For that, in Ecwid Control Panel click Get help on the top right corner and start the chat.

Thank you!