The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Sorry, we do not ship to this location

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get USPS calculated shipping to show up. Its enabled, configured and the zones are setup. I keep getting this error in the choose shipping method box on checkout.

"Sorry, we do not ship to this location"

In zones I have USA selected in list.

Store ID=153161

Last edited by Liat Tailfeather; 10-11-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liat Tailfeather View Post
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get USPS calculated shipping to show up. Its enabled, configured and the zones are setup. I keep getting this error in the choose shipping method box on checkout.

Store ID=153161
Hi,

As far as I see all shipping methods are disabled in your store at the moment. Do you want to use the carrier-calculated USPS rates? If yes, you need to register there first and get your USPS Web Tools ID: https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liat Tailfeather View Post

Store ID=153161
Hi,

As far as I see all shipping methods are disabled in your store at the moment. Do you want to use the carrier-calculated USPS rates? If yes, you need to register there first and get your USPS Web Tools ID: https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-28-2011, 02:46 PM

Default "Sorry, we do not ship to this location"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetzal View Post
Hi,

My customer sometimes get this same error: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have this same error yet I can not see why. Some customers do NOT have any problem, yet others are unable to purchase due to getting this same "Sorry, we do not ship to this location" message. I originally had it setup so they did NOT have to create an account, but removed this and it seemed to help a little. But some people still have this error. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks Store ID: 717242
Old 11-28-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking with Tenina View Post
My customer sometimes get this same error: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have this same error yet I can not see why. Some customers do NOT have any problem, yet others are unable to purchase due to getting this same "Sorry, we do not ship to this location" message. I originally had it setup so they did NOT have to create an account, but removed this and it seemed to help a little. But some people still have this error. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks Store ID: 717242
This message appears when a customer inputs a shipping address that is not covered by your shipping methods (e.g. you to Australia only, and the customer is from, say, Denmark). This is not an error - it is just a informative message indicating that there is no shipping available to the particular customer's address. It works the same for all types of customers and does not depend on the login status of customer.

So you need to set up shipping in your store the way that covers the shipping addresses your customers want to use. To help you with this I first need to know any exact shipping address that triggered this message for your customers (you can send it tom me via private message).
Old 11-28-2011, 04:14 PM

I have additionally checked your store setup and I think I can tell the exact reason for this behavior.

You use the user-defined shipping methods in your setup, and each method only ships to the zone called 'Australia' in your setup. The definition of 'Australia' in your store includes Australia, Christmas Island and Cocos (keeling) Islands as countries, and also all the Australian states. This is what causes the problem: with such setup it is only possible to get a shipping rate to the Australia based address which includes an Australian state in it.

The zones in Ecwid work for an exact match - if your zone includes countries, then the address must have any of those countries to match this zone; if the zone has states, the address must include any of those states; if zone has zipcodes in its definition, the address must also have matching zipcode in it. Everything you include into zone defeinition is automatically required to match an address. This leads to the situation like yours, when a zone includes a few countries and a few states from just one country, and the address must have that all - a matching country and a matching state. There's obviously no Queensland in Christmas Island, so the addresses from there will never match this zone. And since it is the only zone used in your shipping setup, such addresses will not have any shipping rate available for them (since they don't match ay of your zones) and hence will trigger the message in question.

The fix to this is easier and shorter than the description of the problem: just delete all the Australian states from your 'Australia' zone, and it will work right for all the people in Australia, Christmas Island and Cocos (keeling) Islands.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:01 PM

When you make changes to the zones, do they show up right away or does time need to pass to get it updated on the server?
Old 01-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Ecwid Team

All changes you did in admin area including zones changes will be applied to your site immediately after saving. You won't need to wait any updates on the server. In order changes will be applied to your store just reload storefront page.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:22 PM

Hi, we are store ID 803136 and customers (such as one in Rhode Island) have gotten errors that say 'We are not able to ship to this location'. Recently I tried checking out from California (zip code 93401) and it also said that.

We have a user defined flat rate of $7.50 / order that is active and should work for all of the US. What should I change to allow shipping to ALL of the US?

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi colors View Post
Hi, we are store ID 803136 and customers (such as one in Rhode Island) have gotten errors that say 'We are not able to ship to this location'. Recently I tried checking out from California (zip code 93401) and it also said that.

We have a user defined flat rate of $7.50 / order that is active and should work for all of the US. What should I change to allow shipping to ALL of the US?

Thanks.
I am sorry, but I copuldn't reproduce it in your shop:

The $7.50 shipping rate works for the zipcode you mentioned and virtually any US address. Does the issue still exist for you?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
shipping, zones