The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 AM

Flat rate postage Australia

I'm trying to set up flat rate postage within Australia. No matter what weight, location or sales amount. At the moment when multiple items are selected it applies the postage rate to each item, not the total cart.

Also ONLY sell within Australia is there a way to limit customers to Australian addresses?
I've read heaps of threads but none seem to answer my questions.
Great product by the way!!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 AM

I have checked your store, and as far as I can see, for the products, that have their Shipping freight set to "Use Global Settings", the fixed rate per order is applied. For example, I have added 6 items of Ben 10 product, and the shipping cost for it is $10.95. Please have a look at the screenshot:

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2cdgz/t2os

But I have also found out that you have several products like Spiderman, Animal, etc. that have their Shipping freight set to "Fixed Rate Per Item". It means that the shipping cost for such products depends on the number o items purchased. If you would like shipping cost for all your products, regardless of their amount, weight or order total always to be the same, please set Shipping freight to "Use Global Settings" for all your products (Ecwid control panel -> Catalog -> Products -> click on the product -> "Tax & Shipping" tab -> Shipping freight field. Select "Use Global Settings" from the dropdown and click "Save (Ctrl+S)").

As for selling to Australia only, as far as I can see, your store already works this way. You have created is a Destination zone for Australia (Ecwid control panel -> System settings -> Zones) and specified the shipping cost for this zone (Ecwid control panel -> System settings ->Shipping), which is absolutely correct. I have tried placing an order using other countries but Australia, but your store did not let me do it. Nevertheless in case you face any issues with that, please let us know.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:56 AM

Thanks Ksenia. That worked well.
Do you know if there is a way of not having it as 'estimated postage' but just as 'postage' rather than them having the 'shipping is estimated for' and then the option where they can fill in their postcode or state?
I'd love it to be as simple as possible and want people to know shipping is fixed regardless of their location.
Thanks in advance.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.