Old 04-24-2019, 12:08 AM

Edit Cateogy

I have the WordPress Ecwid plugin installed and when I visit a page with some Ecwid code on it, the "Edit Page" button in the top admin bar when on the front end changes to "Edit Category" assuming I want to edit my Ecwid Category. I do not. I want to edit the page because the page has more on it than just the ecwid category. This seems to me to be a poor implementation, to replace the Edit Page button with this. Is there a setting or some way to change this?

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 5.07.51 PM.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	3895  
Old 04-25-2019, 06:21 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere Martin View Post
I have the WordPress Ecwid plugin installed and when I visit a page with some Ecwid code on it, the "Edit Page" button in the top admin bar when on the front end changes to "Edit Category" assuming I want to edit my Ecwid Category. I do not. I want to edit the page because the page has more on it than just the ecwid category. This seems to me to be a poor implementation, to replace the Edit Page button with this. Is there a setting or some way to change this?

Thanks,
Hi Jere,

Adam's here with Ecwid Team. Thanks for the question.

We are talking about browsing your WordPress site in the preview mode (when you are logged in to your WordPress account as admin).

Whenever you click on a page of a site it will always show "Edit Page" in the top left corner:

The "Edit Page" will always redirect you to the page editor:

If in preview mode you click on an Ecwid category page, the "Edit Page" will change to "Edit Category". You can always tell that you've visited a page with Ecwid category as the link in the browser address bar will end with the Ecwid category ID:

Then the "Edit Category" link will lead you to Ecwid to edit the corresponding category:

Check out this is the short video I made for you for the visual demonstration.

I hope you find this info helpful!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:54 PM

Hi Adam,

My name is David. I was actually the one who created this post but when I did I was logged into my client's Ecwid dashboard and had accidentally posted as her. However in response to what you shared, and thank you for helping and making that video, I do not get the same thing. I recorded a video to show you. https://www.loom.com/share/a699afb82...d5eaa99ec1ca4c