The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM

Modify an order after it has been placed

Hello,

I would like to be able to change an order after a customer has placed it. By this I mean remove one product and change with another, Alter options, such as change flavor from chocolate to vanilla for example.

I am running a supplement store and we often get orders that need to be changed or modified in some way.

Please advise if you plan to offer this feature or suggest a suitable workaround.

Thank you and a enjoy your product

Bill
http://www.phukethealthshop.com
Old 12-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post
Hello,

I would like to be able to change an order after a customer has placed it. By this I mean remove one product and change with another, Alter options, such as change flavor from chocolate to vanilla for example.

I am running a supplement store and we often get orders that need to be changed or modified in some way.

Please advise if you plan to offer this feature or suggest a suitable workaround.

Thank you and a enjoy your product

Bill
http://www.phukethealthshop.com
Bill,

The idea to edit orders has already had 65 votes:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...-in-the-contro

So, yes, this feature will appear in the future.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 04-02-2011, 10:57 PM

Default customer shipping address - cant edit it

I am testing a new ecwid account with a PayPal sand box. And I have spotted something missing.

After ordering the customer can log back in and edit their address if they got it wrong BUT I can see that it stays as the old address in the order tacking ecwid system - its not updated - AND as the administrator I cant see how I change the shipping address either - its not editable.

So even if the customer edits their address by logging into their account, even if they call to tell the merchant that they want to change the shipping address - neither works - the address for the order doesnt change and cant be changed by admin.

I logged out of ecWid and back in again and the customers address was still the old one. I logged in as the customer in the shop front and the new address was there.

ALSO, I havent tested it but maybe the customer's email address may not change in the back office if the customer changes it in the front - which they have the ability to.

Either I am missing something OR the the ecwid customer address system needs some work doing on it.

Otherwise a great looking and functioning eCommerce system.

thanks

Alex Bullivant
Old 04-05-2011, 08:51 PM

Any chance of a reply?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:43 PM

Yes this is a much requested feature. Please vote for it here:

http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ntro?ref=title
Old 04-05-2011, 09:46 PM

Although so far I've had only two customers who called in after they placed their orders to change their shipping address, it would be nice to have the option to change the record.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferzan Kuman View Post
I am testing a new ecwid account with a PayPal sand box. And I have spotted something missing.

After ordering the customer can log back in and edit their address if they got it wrong BUT I can see that it stays as the old address in the order tacking ecwid system - its not updated - AND as the administrator I cant see how I change the shipping address either - its not editable.

So even if the customer edits their address by logging into their account, even if they call to tell the merchant that they want to change the shipping address - neither works - the address for the order doesnt change and cant be changed by admin.

I logged out of ecWid and back in again and the customers address was still the old one. I logged in as the customer in the shop front and the new address was there.

ALSO, I havent tested it but maybe the customer's email address may not change in the back office if the customer changes it in the front - which they have the ability to.

Either I am missing something OR the the ecwid customer address system needs some work doing on it.

Otherwise a great looking and functioning eCommerce system.

thanks

Alex Bullivant
Hi,
If a customer places an order and then logs in to change his/her account, then he/she doesn't modify the order. He is modifying his account only and the changes will be applied to the next orders only. I believe that it'd be quite bad, if a customer could easily change his past orders. Only the store owner should have such option.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 07-19-2011, 11:51 AM

Default Important. How to change order in ECWID

Okey need som help here.

A customer placed an order. She then called me and made changes.

HOW do I change the order placed in Ecwid. There must be someway to do that add new item and remove some.

Need fast answers please.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:48 PM

Unfortunately, there is no ability to edit the order in Ecwid currently. In order to have such functionality in future versions of Ecwid please vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ntro?ref=title
Old 07-19-2011, 02:16 PM

Very disappointing that I cant do that. sounds like a big flaw to me?

Then the admin has nOn controll what so ever over the orders!

I have voted for the change but see that People has done that since the beginning of earth. So will voting really change anything?

Do you have any idear on when you will fix that?

Dont know if its just me, but I think its a big flaw. Simple things like changing the qty when people have ordered 1 to many.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vardvaskan For This Useful Post:
sandy Bottoms (11-12-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
customer account info, customer address changes