The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:05 AM

Heads Up - Wordpress Plugin

You do not need to create a page for your store, the plugin automatically creates one.

For those that want your store on a subdomain, use the WP Subdomains plugin and add the subdomain as a CNAME entry in your DNS host records. Put the exact subdomain URL in the Ecwid control panel.

Please be aware, that Ecwid seems to create a new page every time you Activate/ Deactivate the plugin, which could cause some issue! This behavior may well be voided once the installation has succeeded, I'm not game to try it again, now my install is ok, but it was certainly the case whilst I was trying to get it working initially.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfostertv View Post
You do not need to create a page for your store, the plugin automatically creates one.

For those that want your store on a subdomain, use the WP Subdomains plugin and add the subdomain as a CNAME entry in your DNS host records. Put the exact subdomain URL in the Ecwid control panel.

Please be aware, that Ecwid seems to create a new page every time you Activate/ Deactivate the plugin, which could cause some issue! This behavior may well be voided once the installation has succeeded, I'm not game to try it again, now my install is ok, but it was certainly the case whilst I was trying to get it working initially.
1. Glad to know that you like this plugin. Currently I'm working on the next version of it. It will include:

- WordPress sidebars with Ecwid minicart, search box and vertical categories
- ability to enable/disable separate widgets in your store.
- ability to change the number of items per page and in a row from the WordPress back-end

2. The issue with the duplicated pages is fixed already. So if you want to fix it on your site, just re-install the plugin without removing the 'Store' page

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-10-2009, 02:13 PM

Hi
I am using the plugin in one site and the supplied code from CP in another. Is there any advantage in using one over the other?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Graham View Post
Hi
I am using the plugin in one site and the supplied code from CP in another. Is there any advantage in using one over the other?
Steve,

Plugin is a quicker and faster way to install Ecwid to the WordPress, especially if you don't have much experience with HTML.

If you already have the integration code added, there are not many advantages to replace it with the current version of WP plugin.

However the next plugin versions will have some additional features related to the Ecwid and WP integration.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 10-16-2011, 05:18 AM

Hi, to be able to make full use of the plugin, i have to upgrade right? Just curious about the API thing. Thanks
Old 10-17-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeanucha View Post
Hi, to be able to make full use of the plugin, i have to upgrade right? Just curious about the API thing. Thanks
If you want to utilize the Inline SEO catalog as a feature inside Ecwid plugin for WordPress, you need to have a Silver plan account in Ecwid, because Inline SEO relies on the Product API to gather the data about your store inventory, and that API itself is only available for Silver plan accounts.

The other advanced feature of the plugin, called Single Sign On, is also available only to Silver accounts. It allows your store visitors to log in to your store at the same time as they log in to your WordPress (if your WordPress setup allows them to).

However, the Ecwid plugin for Wordpress itself is free and does not require you to upgrade your Ecwid account in order to use any features other than these 2 ones.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
cname, page, plugin, subdomain, wordpress