The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:18 PM

How I created dealer pricing for products

After a lot of research, this is how I was able to accomplish having dealer only pricing on my store. Several of the recommendations made by ECWID support were incorrect or misleading.

1. Create a new category, name it whatever you want, .e.g "Dealer Only Store". Open the category up in your store, and copy + paste the URL to somewhere you can access it later, like an e-mail draft of .txt file. Make sure the category is "Enabled" - disabling the category will hide all of the products in the category in both the product widget and when you go directly to the category URL.

2. Order the categories such that this category appears at the bottom of the list of categories. In the admin console, click on the Categories and drag and drop the new category to the very bottom of the list.

3. Duplicate the products you want to offer at dealer pricing: in the admin console, click on each product to edit it, click "Duplicate" and this will give you a new product to edit. Change the SKU, usually we just append -DLR to the original SKU. Remove any existing categories from this product and assign it to the category you created in Step 1. Make sure that the product is enabled.

4. Hide both the search bar. You have to hide the search bar - disabled products won't show in search or category listings, so you have to disable search on your website. Which sucks. Hide the category from the table view and breadcrumbs. In the admin console, click on "Design" and if you are using a default theme, click "Duplicate" to create a copy of it. Activate this theme. Add the following CSS to your design:

.ecwid-category-id-CATID, .ecwid-search-widget, #horizontal-category-CATID {
display: none !important;
}

Replace the #### part with ID of your category, which is the 8 digit number that you is the URL of your category, which you copy + pasted from part #1.

A consequence of this is that your breadcrumbs may say "5 More" on the right hand side, but there will only be 4 more categories. If this a huge deal, you'll have to hide all of your breadcrumbs.

I'll edit this post if I can think of anything else. Dealer pricing is a hugely missing feature from ECWID.

One drawback is that if someone bookmarked a search, and they clicked on the bookmark, they may see products that are supposed to be dealer only. There doesn't seem to be any search results specific HTML ids that we can hide the results with CSS for.

Last edited by Score High Gunsmithing; 01-12-2017 at 06:32 PM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.