The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:49 AM

'continue shopping' in shopping bag lightbox not working properly

I am using the html codes to add products to my pages in wordpress (mainly for seo purposes). I have my own structure build in wordpress pages, so I am not using any ecwid product browser or categories. The script used in the html code creates the floating shopping bag, which opens in a lighbox. This is all fine, but when the 'continue shopping'-button is clicked, this results in displaying the product browser within the lightbox, which is obviously not what I want. Since the shopping bag/checkout process takes place within a lightbox anyway, it seems quite clear that to 'continue shopping', the customer should just close the lightbox, hence I see no need for the 'continue shopping'-button at all. Please assist in removing it from the lightbox, thank you!
Old 12-25-2014, 03:06 PM

Default Some help from Ecwid please?

Can somebody of Ecwid please take a look at this??
Old 01-07-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Goudeseune View Post
I am using the html codes to add products to my pages in wordpress (mainly for seo purposes). I have my own structure build in wordpress pages, so I am not using any ecwid product browser or categories. The script used in the html code creates the floating shopping bag, which opens in a lighbox. This is all fine, but when the 'continue shopping'-button is clicked, this results in displaying the product browser within the lightbox, which is obviously not what I want. Since the shopping bag/checkout process takes place within a lightbox anyway, it seems quite clear that to 'continue shopping', the customer should just close the lightbox, hence I see no need for the 'continue shopping'-button at all. Please assist in removing it from the lightbox, thank you!
Benjamin hi,

really sorry for keeping your waiting such a long time for the case to be solved!

I’ve inspected your issue and come up with solution.

In order for the ‘Continue shopping’ button to be hidden, please proceed to your Ecwid Control Panel -> Settings -> Design and apply the following code in your own CSS theme:

Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-backgroundedPanel div.ecwid-ContinueShoppingButton, 
button.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-continueShoppingButton,  
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-emptyCartPanel button,
div.ecwid-Account-ContinueShoppingButtonContainer,  
​div.ecwid-productBrowser-search-ContinueShoppingButtonContainer,
button.ecwid-ContinueShoppingButton-Invoice { 
  display:none; 
}
Save the changes you’ve applied to the theme, then proceed to your Ecwid store in WordPress and check, if it helped to solve your case.

To get more info on your storefront customization abilities, please refer to this section of Ecwid Knowledge Base.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:59 PM

Dear Serge,

After trying multiple solutions from the Ecwid KB, I finally found this post. After implementing your code I still have the same problem.
However, I can manage to only get rid of 1 "continue shopping button" but
only if I use this code:

div.ecwid-popup div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-emptyCartPanel button {
display: none;
}

I would love to get rid of them all ofcourse but I'm kind of running out of ideas
Could you, or anybody help me out?
These are the facts:
- Adobe muse site
- Ecwid single product widget used, no store widget.
- Tried hiding the button through html on the pages where products (and buy buttons) are located.
- Tried hiding the button through html on the master page.
- Tried adding the standard FAQ codes (I found multiple variations) and added these to the css theme page in the ecwid panel.
Again, I think I've tried all the solutions I could find on this forum.

You can check it out at www.copperandconcrete.com/jewelry.html

Best,
Lucille.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot Lucille Bos View Post
Dear Serge,

After trying multiple solutions from the Ecwid KB, I finally found this post. After implementing your code I still have the same problem.
However, I can manage to only get rid of 1 "continue shopping button" but
only if I use this code:

div.ecwid-popup div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-emptyCartPanel button {
display: none;
}

I would love to get rid of them all ofcourse but I'm kind of running out of ideas
Could you, or anybody help me out?
These are the facts:
- Adobe muse site
- Ecwid single product widget used, no store widget.
- Tried hiding the button through html on the pages where products (and buy buttons) are located.
- Tried hiding the button through html on the master page.
- Tried adding the standard FAQ codes (I found multiple variations) and added these to the css theme page in the ecwid panel.
Again, I think I've tried all the solutions I could find on this forum.

You can check it out at www.copperandconcrete.com/jewelry.html

Best,
Lucille.
Hello Lucille!

The reason why the code given above is not working properly now is that there’s been an update in Ecwid recently that changed some of the elements.

To hide the “Continue Shopping” button from all pages, please insert the code given below in your active Ecwid CSS theme.

Code:
button.ecwid-btn--continueShopping {
  display: none !important;
}
Just for your interest, it is possible not to open the cart page in a lightbox even if you don’t use Ecwid Product Browser widget to display your catalog. You can create a hidden page on your website and place the Ecwid Product Browser there so you can use it as a landing page for the customers who clicked on the care widget in your store and add a link to the Product Browser to the source of the pages with Ecwid Single Products. You can find more details on how to use Ecwid Product Browser URL in our Knowledge Base.

If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to contact us for help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:42 AM

Dear Anna,
Thank you so much, it worked

Best,
Lucille
Old 12-16-2015, 07:59 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot Lucille Bos View Post
Dear Anna,
Thank you so much, it worked

Best,
Lucille
Hello Lucille!

I am glad my reply was helpful for you.

We are always happy to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Ecwid team is back with tremendous news!

We have changed the behavior of the ‘Continue shopping button’, if our Single Product widget is added on the website. The button used to open the whole store in the popup, but now it closes the popup, and leaves customers to browse your website.

Customer used to open up the popup with the content of their shopping bag, and having checked that, wanted to come back to browsing the website he was on. However, clicking ‘Continue shopping’ button, did not return the customer to the website. Instead of that, he would see the whole store in that same popup. That behaviour caused a lot of frustration, because the customer usually wants to come back to the initial website.

Moreover, among many reasons for using Single Product widget, was that merchants do not want their customers seeing the whole store at all.

We want to let you know, that the Ecwid developers team, working very hard, has changed the behavior of the ‘Continue shopping’ button. Now, thanks to your feedback, ‘Continue Shopping’ button closes the popup.

Check it out, and reach out to us, if you have any questions.

Thank you!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.