The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:01 PM

Question

Embed Code, Shopping Bag (Mini view) Widget & Empy Cart

I'm using the HTML embed code to place products on my Home page. When I click Add To Cart, the product appears to be added to my cart successfully. But when I click on "Shopping Cart (1)" in the Mini View Widget, I'm taken to a page that says my cart is empty.

http://www.coinadvisor.com/

Is there some kind of JS conflict here? Thanks in advance!
Sam
The Following User Says Thank You to stevensmedia For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmedia View Post
I'm using the HTML embed code to place products on my Home page. When I click Add To Cart, the product appears to be added to my cart successfully. But when I click on "Shopping Cart (1)" in the Mini View Widget, I'm taken to a page that says my cart is empty.

http://www.coinadvisor.com/

Is there some kind of JS conflict here? Thanks in advance!
Sam
Hello Sam,

I inspected your site. The issue you discovered is caused by the fact that you have only your 'store' page secured by SSL and accessed strictly by HTTPS, and the other pages of your site accessible by HTTP. As a result the minicart on the HTTPS store page cannot read the information written by the HTTP-based main page hence different minicart contents on different pages. The details of this issue and possible solutions are provided in this thread on our forums:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9455

Hope it helps.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), stevensmedia (09-19-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 PM

Thanks so much for the quick and helpful reply. Unfortunately, neither solution suits our needs so we'll manually add products to the Home page rather than use the Ecwid embed code.

Suggestion: It would be really cool if we could select button functionality when generating the embed code, either Add To Cart OR More Info (go to product page.) That way, HTTP/S wouldn't be an issue with the embed code.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmedia View Post
Thanks so much for the quick and helpful reply. Unfortunately, neither solution suits our needs so we'll manually add products to the Home page rather than use the Ecwid embed code.

Suggestion: It would be really cool if we could select button functionality when generating the embed code, either Add To Cart OR More Info (go to product page.) That way, HTTP/S wouldn't be an issue with the embed code.
Yes, you can place the links to the product pages there instead of the add to bag buttons. Here is the details.

Since you use the single product widget for displaying products on the main page, you can directly edit the HTML code of the product. Currently the add to bag button code is as follows:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
xAddToBag('productid=14366252');
</script>
It automatically loads the Ecwid add to bag button and provide the corresponding functionality. If you want to display just a link like 'More info' or a button linked to the product page, you will need to replace the code above with the HTML code of the link or button. For example it could look like this:
Code:
<a href="https://www.coinadvisor.com/store/#ecwid:mode=product&product=14366252">More info</a>
Please refer to this page for the details on how to get product page URL:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947954/...0or%20category

This workaround won't solve the different cart contents issue though - the minicart widget on the main page will still display different items count compared to the one in minicart on the store page. In order to prevent possible confusing, you can remove the minicart widget from the main page.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM

Thanks Matvey! This is a good solution. It's a bit too complex for clients to do this themselves, but the end result is what I was after. Thanks again for your help!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.