The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Kalani Rhei's Avatar
Kalani Rhei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Default


This was posted accidentally, sorry, see my actual question here:

http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=118175#post118175


Hi everyone,

German laws are very strict as far as online shops are concerned. I am testing my Ecwid Store and always seeing an English "terms and conditions" next to the control box, not a German "Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen" - it's very important that the buyer sees that in German, as the last step before they buy.

There's no English in the other steps, as far as I've seen, but that last one... it's always "terms and conditions". Here's my url:

http://kalanirhei.ecwid.com

If you go through the purchase process with "Test, don't buy", you may see what I mean.

I have already set the standard language to German, but nothing changes.

I have a free store, so I can't change the CSS as far as I know... I don't know how to change that particular text, either.

Can you help me with that, please?

Best regards,
Kalani

I'm still experiencing this issue.

Last edited by Corwin; 10-08-2014 at 06:48 AM.
  #2  
Old 10-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Rick G's Avatar
Rick G Rick G is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani Rhei View Post
This was posted accidentally, sorry, see my actual question here:

http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=118175#post118175


Hi everyone,

German laws are very strict as far as online shops are concerned. I am testing my Ecwid Store and always seeing an English "terms and conditions" next to the control box, not a German "Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen" - it's very important that the buyer sees that in German, as the last step before they buy.

There's no English in the other steps, as far as I've seen, but that last one... it's always "terms and conditions". Here's my url:

http://kalanirhei.ecwid.com

If you go through the purchase process with "Test, don't buy", you may see what I mean.

I have already set the standard language to German, but nothing changes.

I have a free store, so I can't change the CSS as far as I know... I don't know how to change that particular text, either.

Can you help me with that, please?

Best regards,
Kalani

I'm still experiencing this issue.
Hi,

I'm sorry for such delayed response.

I checked your store and the terms and conditions label is displayed in English: http://take.ms/ZUbi1

I've reported this issue to our developer team and it will be fixed in one of Ecwid future updates. I will inform you when it is released.

Thank you.
__________________
Ecwid API and App Market Team
Ecwid Developer Website
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick G For This Useful Post:
Kalani Rhei (10-12-2014)
  #3  
Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Kalani Rhei's Avatar
Kalani Rhei Kalani Rhei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Thumbs up

Very cool, thanks for the response!
I set my store to "closed" because I wasn't expecting a response anymore, but I'm glad you saw and reported it, Vitaliy, thank you very much
  #4  
Old 10-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Kalani Rhei's Avatar
Kalani Rhei Kalani Rhei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Default

PS:

Just wanted to add that I'm still looking forward to this being fixed.

If it's going to take several months, please let me know, because I want to open a store as soon as possible. So if this update is going to take very long (several weeks or months), please let me know, too, so I can test alternative shop solutions. I would very much like to use Ecwid, though.

Best regards,
Kalani
  #5  
Old 10-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Kalani Rhei's Avatar
Kalani Rhei Kalani Rhei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Exclamation Another problem

During the lest step of the purchase, it says

"Überprüfen Sie bitte die Angaben oben und klicken Sie anschließend auf "Verbindlich bestellen""

But the button says nothing but "kaufen".

This is legally questionable in Germany. These regulations are very strict here.

It should be "Überprüfen Sie bitte die Angaben oben und klicken Sie anschließend auf "Kostenpflichtig bestellen" both in the explanation next to the button and on the button, as far as I know.
  #6  
Old 10-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Rick G's Avatar
Rick G Rick G is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani Rhei View Post
During the lest step of the purchase, it says

"Überprüfen Sie bitte die Angaben oben und klicken Sie anschließend auf "Verbindlich bestellen""

But the button says nothing but "kaufen".

This is legally questionable in Germany. These regulations are very strict here.

It should be "Überprüfen Sie bitte die Angaben oben und klicken Sie anschließend auf "Kostenpflichtig bestellen" both in the explanation next to the button and on the button, as far as I know.
Hi,

I understand that the laws in Germany are very strict and that you want to start selling in your store as soon as possible, however I don't have an ETA for you at this time for when the 'Terms and conditions' label will be fixed.

Regarding the text at the last step of the purchase on order confirmation page, I will contact my team to find out more and I will let you know as soon as I find out more.

At this moment you can submit the translation you feel that it fits most in our translation centre: http://translate.ecwid.com

For more instructions, please visit: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...-translations-

Thank you for bringing that to our attention.
__________________
Ecwid API and App Market Team
Ecwid Developer Website

Last edited by Vitaliy G; 10-14-2014 at 03:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick G For This Useful Post:
Kalani Rhei (10-15-2014)
  #7  
Old 10-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Kalani Rhei's Avatar
Kalani Rhei Kalani Rhei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Hi Vitaliy,

thank you for everything.

Well, I don't know how other users are going to view that. They are probably going to have another opinion than a German lawyer. Everyone says something else concerning what the buttons should say, but I think "Kostenpflichtig bestellen" is the safest phrase on the purchase button (last step).

Maybe other users can add their feedback or Ecwid can ask a lawyer who knows more about international online laws. Otherwise ... who knows? These regulations in Germany are becoming more complicated every year. It's hard to stay on top of that for small business people.

Best regards,
I'm looking forward to the updates.
  #8  
Old 10-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Rick G's Avatar
Rick G Rick G is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani Rhei View Post
Hi Vitaliy,

thank you for everything.

Well, I don't know how other users are going to view that. They are probably going to have another opinion than a German lawyer. Everyone says something else concerning what the buttons should say, but I think "Kostenpflichtig bestellen" is the safest phrase on the purchase button (last step).

Maybe other users can add their feedback or Ecwid can ask a lawyer who knows more about international online laws. Otherwise ... who knows? These regulations in Germany are becoming more complicated every year. It's hard to stay on top of that for small business people.

Best regards,
I'm looking forward to the updates.
Hi,

I reached out to our team for more details and they confirmed that the text on order confirmation page was not entirely accurate. We prepared a new version of that text and it will look like this:
Bitte überprüfen Sie Ihre Angaben, bevor Sie auf "Kaufen" klicken

So your customers will see the text near the button Kaufen that suggests user to click on thi button to finish the order. This text was added to a number of other updates to translations in Ecwid storefronts so it will be released in one of Ecwid future updates.

Regarding the 'Terms and conditions' text, I don't have an ETA for you, sorry. But I will keep you posted when I find out more details on the progress of the fix.

Thank you.
__________________
Ecwid API and App Market Team
Ecwid Developer Website
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick G For This Useful Post:
Kalani Rhei (10-27-2014)
  #9  
Old 10-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Kalani Rhei's Avatar
Kalani Rhei Kalani Rhei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Thank you Vitaliy,

At the moment, etsy and amazon are not doing a "better job" than what Ecwid is doing concerning the button text, so I think it should suffice. I'm not endorsing these rules, I think they're overly complicated like almost every bureaucratic thing in Germany, but I'm paranoid, so I'm willing to comply.

I just read on a review site that 1. both the terms and conditions AND the right of withdrawal must be clearly and directly listed right next to or above the purchase-button, SO DO THE TAXES (!),
2. that the button needs to say "kostenpflichtig bestellen" and that the only Shop system that is meeting German law standards is, at this point, "jimdo".

It may be that this review site was biased in order to get more commissions for jimdo, but they were reviewing all kinds of systems, so it seemed legit to me, and when I look up German blogs for online laws, I find similar or the same kind of information. It's just that so far, hardly anyone is doing all of this, but my guess is things are only going to become even stricter and not only in the U.S., but also here in Germany there are mean, silly people who turn suing other small online businesses into an income stream.
So...


Thanks so much for your updates!
All the best,
KR
The Following User Says Thank You to Kalani Rhei For This Useful Post:
Philipp Raedel (11-05-2014)
  #10  
Old 11-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Philipp Raedel's Avatar
Philipp Raedel Philipp Raedel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
Default

100% agreed from another german user... Thx for your explanation Kalani Rhei :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Philipp Raedel For This Useful Post:
Kalani Rhei (11-05-2014)
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
german, german laws, translations

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.