The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:37 PM

German Taxes in Shop

Hello,

all i need is the information how to include the teaxes in the products? In germany you just tell the customer the whole price INCLUDING the taxes.
(e.g. product A cost 10 Euro; therefore 10 Euro is the price the customer pays. Not 10 Euro + the taxes (in Germany 19,0%).

But i cant remove the taxes shown on the page after product details (in product details i already found a way to remove it). If i disable taxes i there is just 0,0% taxes which is ilegal due to german laws.

Can somebody PLEASE give me a step by step description how to remove or include the whole taxes in the price so 10 Euro stay 10 Euro during paying?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-12-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrradstation berlin View Post
Hello,

all i need is the information how to include the teaxes in the products? In germany you just tell the customer the whole price INCLUDING the taxes.
(e.g. product A cost 10 Euro; therefore 10 Euro is the price the customer pays. Not 10 Euro + the taxes (in Germany 19,0%).

But i cant remove the taxes shown on the page after product details (in product details i already found a way to remove it). If i disable taxes i there is just 0,0% taxes which is ilegal due to german laws.

Can somebody PLEASE give me a step by step description how to remove or include the whole taxes in the price so 10 Euro stay 10 Euro during paying?

Thanks in advance
Hi!

If you want the taxes to be included in the price shown on the storefront, you can set it up this way:
You can enable option “Include tax in product prices” in your Ecwid Control Panel-> System Settings-> Taxes.
So, if you need the total price 10 Euro, you should set the price for product 8.4 Euro and create tax with 19% applied to subtotal. Thus on the Product Page will be displayed 10 Euro, which already includes the tax 1.6 Euro (see screenshot http://d.pr/i/7zAv)
On the shopping bag, this price will be split into two parts: subtotal (product price 8.4) + tax (1.6) (screenshot http://d.pr/i/Q4KE).

Do I understand it right that you want to remove the line with tax on the shopping bag page? You could do that as described here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/25986283/...e%20Tax%20line
This change might not work, however. Total includes the corresponding tax rate, yet subtotal displays the product price without tax (as I mentioned above). Since the tax line won't be shown here, it might confuse the customers as they won't understand how the total is formed.

If nothing of these meets your needs, please, clarify how exactly you want it to look like, so that I could help you to find the proper solution. Some screenshots to illustrate it would be great.
This information is also important as we are working on Ecwid appliance to German laws.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alina Kirpicheva For This Useful Post:
fahrradstation berlin (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 11:59 AM

thank you for your answer. I already found out how to show the taxes in the right way.

The removal of the taxes in the shopping bag isnt actual anymore.

Thank you
Old 08-12-2013, 12:58 PM

I’m glad your issue is resolved.

Could you please share your solution? It would be very helpful for others, who may also face the same issue.
Also we’re working to make Ecwid correspondant to German laws, so this information on tax showing properly will be very much useful.

Thank you.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:11 PM

My solution was the same like you said: I just used the 8,4 + the 1,6 Taxes in germany for the total price of 10 Euro.
The Following User Says Thank You to fahrradstation berlin For This Useful Post:
Alina Kirpicheva (08-13-2013)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
german, germany, tax, taxes