The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 AM

Default Short Code Question

On the pages for the store/website, I noticed short codes embedded in some of the pages. What exactly is that? WHat are these codes for and can they be deleted/erased when I enter text or do I have to leave them?

For example if you go to my store/website, http://1worldcreations.com and visit the downloads page you will see the code there. I'm afraid to delete it. What does it do or what's it for? Can anybody clarify for me?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Ecwid Team

Could you, please, clarify what exactly code do you mean?

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:16 PM

Default Short Code Issue/Question

http://1worldcreations.com

The code I'm referring to, is in the Cancelled Order, Thank You, and other similar pages, coding encased or enclosed in "[" symbols. I guess these short codes were put into the pages when they were automatically created?

I don't know what purpose (if any) the codes serve or if I am supposed to copy and paste them into HTML (in the WordPress editor) so they function properly?

If you go to my website, http://1worldcreations.com, and then go to Cancelled Orders, Thank You, or Thank You for Your Order pages you will see the short code there in the page text as it was when I set everything up and installed Ecwid. So, I'm just wondering what purpose the code serves there, if I should delete it, should I copy and paste it into the HTML text editor for the pages, or do I have to leave it as is?

So far, I love Ecwid and want to master this one e-commerce website/store first and then be able to offer e-commerce through Ecwid from now on (I'm a website designer).

So if you could please help with this question, I'd greatly appreciate it.

David
Old 05-16-2012, 05:19 PM

Default Screenshot

I tried to attach a screenshot to the previous response but it did not work for some reason. So, I'm trying to add the screenshot again.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
code, coding, tags