The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:24 AM

One Product. Two Prices? Based on GeoLocation of Client Browser

Hi,

I am based out of India creating my ecommerce store which is embedded into squarespace page where my site is being hosted.

I want to portray my brand as an international one too, but still have different prices for my indian clients.

So my questions are:

1. Can I have two prices for my products. One in INR and one in USD?

2. Can I have facility where if I'm browsing in India, I see the price in INR,, BUT if im browsing internationally (for eg: US, Europe, Hong Kong) I see the price in USD?

Help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jaosh
Old 06-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaosh Sethna1 View Post
Hi,

I am based out of India creating my ecommerce store which is embedded into squarespace page where my site is being hosted.

I want to portray my brand as an international one too, but still have different prices for my indian clients.

So my questions are:

1. Can I have two prices for my products. One in INR and one in USD?

2. Can I have facility where if I'm browsing in India, I see the price in INR,, BUT if im browsing internationally (for eg: US, Europe, Hong Kong) I see the price in USD?

Help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jaosh
Hello! Thanks a lot for your message!

Currently, in Ecwid all prices are set in a single currency. Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to have two prices for your products in different currencies.

As a workaround, you can install Dynamic Converter multi-currency script that allows you to show your prices in multiple currencies on your site. This script should be added to the source code of the page, where your Ecwid store is embedded. It will convert the prices on your storefront so that your customers could see them in their currency, but the payments will still be made in the main currency set in your store.

Alternatively, you can create several storefronts with different currencies. To do it you need to register several Ecwid accounts and set different currencies in them. Then, you can add two Ecwid stores to your site, by adding Ecwid widget code of each store to separate pages on your site. Thus, you'll have a separate store for each currency with separate shopping carts.

Please, feel free to ask if you need further assistance. Thank you!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.