The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:05 AM

Exclamation

On Apple iPads the shopping bag does not update and gives and issue

When I shopping on the catalog page using an iPad and selecting a product to add to the shopping bag, the Shopping bag is not updated with the quantity bought. Is stays on 0.
When opening the shopping bag I see my purchases, however I also see a message stating:

storing site data (cookies and DOM usage) is disabled in your browser. Please enable either of them, otherwise you might face issues on checkout. After enabling storing site data, please reload the page and add products to the bag again.

I do not get this issue anywhere else, not on a iPhone not on a normal laptop running windows and any browser. Only on iPads. several test customers reported this issue. I changed all possible setting in iOS for SAfari, no luck. Please help.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira Kuijt View Post
When I shopping on the catalog page using an iPad and selecting a product to add to the shopping bag, the Shopping bag is not updated with the quantity bought. Is stays on 0.
When opening the shopping bag I see my purchases, however I also see a message stating:

storing site data (cookies and DOM usage) is disabled in your browser. Please enable either of them, otherwise you might face issues on checkout. After enabling storing site data, please reload the page and add products to the bag again.

I do not get this issue anywhere else, not on a iPhone not on a normal laptop running windows and any browser. Only on iPads. several test customers reported this issue. I changed all possible setting in iOS for SAfari, no luck. Please help.
Hello!

I’ve checked your store, which is http://www.enjoyfood.com.mt/#!on%20the%20menu/cklj
on iPad Safari and it works fine for me. But I could reproduce the issue with 'Private browsing' setting enabled in the browser.

Let me explain why this message occurs. In order to save all the information about the order in your store, the browser uses the local storage, the so called cookies. When the cookies are disabled in the browser “Private mode”, this message is displayed to indicate, that “you might face issues on checkout”, because it will be impossible to place the order using some of the payment methods. After the page reloads the browser will not ‘know’ if it is the same customer, as there is no information in browser storage.

That's why the message is prompting to enable the browser storage is shown on the cart page, when Private browsing is used.

Thus, to solve the issue, you need to turn off the private browsing.

Please try it out and let me know if any further assistance is required. I'll be glad to help you.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ipad, shopping bag not working