The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:57 PM

Question

How to sell a membership?

Maybe I'm just not looking at the right posts - but I haven't found an answer to this (so sorry if it's already been answered!).

I need to be able to sell a membership in my store (actually, it's the only product).
And once it's purchased, allow people to login to a Members Only page on the site where they can access downloadable products.

Is there a way to accomplish that in ecwid?
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerPumpkin.net For This Useful Post:
C41 COFFEE (08-22-2019)
Old 10-25-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerPumpkin.net View Post
Maybe I'm just not looking at the right posts - but I haven't found an answer to this (so sorry if it's already been answered!).

I need to be able to sell a membership in my store (actually, it's the only product).
And once it's purchased, allow people to login to a Members Only page on the site where they can access downloadable products.

Is there a way to accomplish that in ecwid?
Hi!

Yes, it is possible with Ecwid. There are actually two ways to establish it depending on what you really need to achieve:

1) If you want your customers could buy a membership and thus get access to another page with links for products downloading, you can do it as follows:
Close the page with downloadable products with password
Add “membership” product to your store
When placing orders you and your customers get email notifications. You can customize these very notifications in the way that customers receive login and password when order gets “accepted” status.
For instructions how to customize mail notifications, please, refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/25104182/...0Notifications

2) As Ecwid allows selling downloadable products, you may not need your membership product and can sell your downloads as Egoods. Please, find details in this article http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27264368/E-goods

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
membership, membership website