The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM

Exclamation

When "requiring" my text field the field does not work

Here is my problem.

Must be a bug with the new version. I have checked it on firefox, ie, and safari.

Also how come in the new version that supports these requried options, didn't the radio buttons/drop downs include the required option.

We have already had a customer not select their size...

It would be nice if there didn't have to be a Default option. That way if you did need something required which most do. You would be prompted to make a selection.

Thanks ECWID!

I will submit the idea.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Old 04-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Please post a link to this product and/or your store.

Quote:
Also how come in the new version that supports these requried options, didn't the radio buttons/drop downs include the required option.

We have already had a customer not select their size...

It would be nice if there didn't have to be a Default option. That way if you did need something required which most do. You would be prompted to make a selection.
The "drop-down boxes" and "radio-buttons" product options always have a default value selected. So the the "required/non-required" option just doesn't make sense for them. So it is actually much better to implement this thing: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...n-se?ref=title

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 04-28-2011, 11:03 PM

My site is live. So I can't leave it on there with this error. So I have the text fields, set to not be required.

Well I don't really have a choice so here it is.

http://www.motolifeusa.com/store#ecw...roduct=3747230

I manage 3 other ecwid accounts and they are all in joomla

2 out of 4 work and 2 don't work.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 03:10 PM

I have inspected your store.

The problem you describe is caused by the fact that you copied the whole standard CSS theme of Ecwid into your theme and modified just a few lines in it. This is not the right way to add custom CSS code. It is necessary to add only those classes you want to override in your theme.

Since the moment you created your theme by copying, our default CSS has upgraded, but your theme still contains older default rules and hence downgrades the style to the older default theme with your minor changes. This causes some conflicts, that affect the look of your store.

To fix the display of required textfields, you can add (append to the end) the following code to your current Ecwid CSS theme:

Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel table.ecwid-fieldEnvelope {
    width: auto;
}

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
bug, error, required options, text field