The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:56 PM

shipping set up

Hello,
I have set up my shipping but it seems like the prices are too high and customers are complaining. Can you check to see if I have set it up right.
Thanks
Old 08-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Garay View Post
Hello,
I have set up my shipping but it seems like the prices are too high and customers are complaining. Can you check to see if I have set it up right.
Thanks
Hi,

I've looked through your shipping settings. All is setup right. At the moment you have 6 methods:
- 3 flat rates at $6.95, $6 and $4
- 3 rates based on weight for orders with weight from 0-1000lbs:
"Will Call" - free shipping
"UPS Ground (California)" - $3 per order + %10
"UPS Ground (USA)" - $3 + %10

So shipping costs may be a third part of the product prices if to choose a UPS Ground method, as it adds up 10%. For ex., order #105: items - $24.95 and shipping - $9.45

Do you mean similar complaints? Can you specify what shipping rates are considered too high, also what items are bought in this case and what shipping methods are chosen? Thank you!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 08-22-2013, 04:41 AM

I have now switched to shipping USPS... but the store doesn't reflect this... how can I change it?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Garay View Post
I have now switched to shipping USPS... but the store doesn't reflect this... how can I change it?
Hi,

Please, clarify what address you're trying to use when you don't get USPS shipping.
I see USPS online shipping method in your store, it's configured for zone California. This zone has one US state California, and several masks for zip codes:
90*
91*
92*

It means that the zone covers only these very areas. In other words USPS online rates will be offered only to those customers who submit shipping address with California and zip codes starting from 90 or 91 or 92.
For ex., here's a screenshot of the shipping estimated rates returned for me when I typed in California address with zip code 90001:
https://monosnap.com/image/iSLR7Jmfk...tw6w2Jx9ay.png

If you're going to use USPS services to deliver to California areas covered by these zip codes only, then this setup is OK. If you want to delivery to the whole California, you should change this zone and remove the zip codes from it (in Ecwid control panel>System Settings>Zones).
Let me know how exactly you'd like to arrange the USPS delivery. I'll be able to advise you more.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 PM

I don't understand how to set up my flat rate shipping, I'm trying to charge a flat rate of 3.75 for the first item and all the rest of the items added will not have a second or third or fourth charge. I hope that made since, like the first item is 3.75 for shipping and anything after that is just the total of what the product is added on to the total of the first item with the shipping because they have already been charged shipping once. I know I go to custom table but I don't understand the table at all. This is my first time doing this

I don't understand the custom shipping table, I'd like to charge the price of the item plus 3.75 flat rate shipping and if they want to buy more than one item the shipping will always be 3.75. But instead it is charging shipping per item I guess. This is my first time opening up a store so all the shipping and codes etc. percents its all new to me. I'd appreciate a step by step and where to fill in type of instruction lol that'd be very helpful.

Last edited by Liza Savelyeva; 08-26-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ressa Dennis View Post
I don't understand how to set up my flat rate shipping, I'm trying to charge a flat rate of 3.75 for the first item and all the rest of the items added will not have a second or third or fourth charge. I hope that made since, like the first item is 3.75 for shipping and anything after that is just the total of what the product is added on to the total of the first item with the shipping because they have already been charged shipping once. I know I go to custom table but I don't understand the table at all. This is my first time doing this

I don't understand the custom shipping table, I'd like to charge the price of the item plus 3.75 flat rate shipping and if they want to buy more than one item the shipping will always be 3.75. But instead it is charging shipping per item I guess. This is my first time opening up a store so all the shipping and codes etc. percents its all new to me. I'd appreciate a step by step and where to fill in type of instruction lol that'd be very helpful.
Hi,

The easiest way to achieve what you want is using Flat rate shipping setting, which allows to set one shipping cost that will be charged to all customers equally regardless of order weight or subtotal and quantity of item purchased. As far as I can see you already have this shipping method configured in your store for "United States" destination zone. All you have to do is enable in in your control panel on the System settings -> Shipping -> Shipping methods page and the shipping will be calculated as you expect.

As for custom table shipping calculation type, it allows to set the shipping rates based on order subtotal or weight and on the quantity of items purchased. At the moment you have a custom table shipping method based on weight enabled in your store. It calculates $3.25 per order weighing from 0 to 0.01 lbs and adds $0.01 per each additional lb in the cart. In case this is not what you want, you can simply disable or delete this shipping method.

Please, refer to this article for detailed information about setting up shipping in Ecwid: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/Shipping

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
custom table, problem shipping, shipping