The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Swiss Navy - Personal Lubricants's Avatar

products in milileter. But how to get the shipping work for Auspost?

I have 4 options for postage prices
Parcel Post Plus - $5.00
Express - $10.00
Platinum Express - $15.00
International Poastage - At cost.

but i dont know how to add these. the custom table display the weight. but as I said the products are not prices in grams it priced in milileters.

Can you please help me
Old 07-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Navy - Personal Lubricants View Post
I have 4 options for postage prices
Parcel Post Plus - $5.00
Express - $10.00

but i dont know how to add these. the custom table display the weight. but as I said the products are not prices in grams it priced in milileters.

Can you please help me
Are your shipping rate based on a destination region? I.e. do you ship internationally?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 07-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Swiss Navy - Personal Lubricants's Avatar
Swiss Navy - Personal Lubricants Swiss Navy - Personal Lubricants is offline

We do shipping internationally as well. but most of the customers are from Australia

I want to setup shipping cost as following table. We used the same thing previous system

Parcel Post Plus - $5.00
Express - $10.00

Please help me

can someone help me. all my items are in milileters. so I dont know how to use the weight factor as well.

Can someone please help me. I am stuck with this. I cant proceed to finish the website because of this issue.

Please help me

Last edited by Maya; 07-10-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Ecwid Team

In order to create shipping methods as you described you should follow these steps:

I. Create two destination zones:
1. Destination zone for Australian customers:
- Go to Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Zones
- Click “New zone” and set zone name (“Australia” in your case)
- Click “Add country” and choose the countries from the list for which Parcel Post Plus, Express, Platinum Express shipping methods should be available
- NOTE: Please, leave “States” and “Zip/Postal Codes” fields empty if you don’t want to specify exact state or region. Zones in Ecwid work against address like this: everything in the zone definition must match; i.e. if zone has states, then address must have state field filled and match the zone; if zone has zipcodes, the address must also have zipcode filled in and it must match with what you have in your zone definition. If zone includes only countries, it will match when the appropriate country is in the customer's address. Currently, shipping methods based on your “Australia” destination zone will work for Australian addresses with zipcodes starts with 1350* and, as I understand, it is not exactly what you want to.
- Click “Save”

2. Create destination zone for other countries (except Australia)
- Go to Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Zones
- Click “New zone” and set zone name (“International” in your case)
- Click “Add country” and choose all countries (except Australia) from the list for which International Poastage shipping method should be available.
- Click “Save”

II. Create Shipping methods based on your zones. As far as I can see you have created shipping methods for Parcel Post Plus, Express, Platinum Express and you just need to change them a bit.
1. Go to Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Shipping
2. Click “Express Post” and change shipping region from “The World” to “Australia” zone created on previous step
3. Do the same with “Parcel Post Plus (Trackable)” and “Platinum Express Post” methods.
4. Edit “International Postage” method:
- Click “International Postage” link and go to “Select region & how to calculate” step
- Choose “International” destination zone (created on previous step) in “Select shipping region” select box
- Choose “Carrier-calculated” in “Select how you calculate shipping?” block
- Go to the next step and choose the carrier (Australia POST in your case)
- Choose the methods, which will be available for international shipping
- Click “OK”

Once you do this all shipping methods will be calculated as expected.

As regards products in mililiters, I suggest you to weigh all of your products and add information of their weight in corresponding fields in Ecwid control panel → Catalog → Products → Product modify page. All carrier-calculated shipping methods use “weight” as a main parameter for shipping cost calculation, therefore you will need to set reliable info about products’ weight.

If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
custom table, shipping