The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:46 PM

Cool

SHIPPING Charges, Need Direction: Free Ship Domestic on Certain Items, Int'l, etc...

Hello,

I'm having a difficult time getting ECWID to understand our shipping logic.

Contingency 1: We have items that ship free in our country (United States of America), and some that will not.

Contingency 2: All items have shipping charges for international shipments.

How can I set ECWID to understand this scenario:

Product Widget A
  • Ships free in the US
  • Does not ship free internationally

Product Widget B
  • Does not ship free in the US

Product Widget C
  • Does not ship internationally (how to restrict to domestic only?)

The challenge is that if we set the product to ship free at the product-level, it ships free regardless of destination (internationally). So we're forced to use global settings, by way of creating "shipping methods".

If we define a "Free Domestic Shipping" method, that choice is presented on items that DO NOT ship free domestically.

Controlling products domestically is not an issue, it's only when we introduce International, that the issue arises, because it forces us to stop using "free ship" at the product level (which overrides any global setting).

I hope this makes sense! Surely I'm not the first person running into this issue. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by BGI; 08-14-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: added new scenario
Old 08-30-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGI View Post
Hello,

I'm having a difficult time getting ECWID to understand our shipping logic.

Contingency 1: We have items that ship free in our country (United States of America), and some that will not.

Contingency 2: All items have shipping charges for international shipments.

How can I set ECWID to understand this scenario:

Product Widget A
  • Ships free in the US

Product Widget B
  • Does not ship free in the US

Product Widget C
  • Does not ship internationally (how to restrict to domestic only?)

The challenge is that if we set the product to ship free at the product-level, it ships free regardless of destination (internationally). So we're forced to use global settings, by way of creating "shipping methods".

If we define a "Free Domestic Shipping" method, that choice is presented on items that DO NOT ship free domestically.

Controlling products domestically is not an issue, it's only when we introduce International, that the issue arises, because it forces us to stop using "free ship" at the product level (which overrides any global setting).

I hope this makes sense! Surely I'm not the first person running into this issue. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Hi!
Sorry for keeping you waiting.

In my understanding you want to set up different shipping settings for different products. For similar situations Ecwid allows setting individual shipping rate per product like you setup free shipment on product level. However in your case it would be perfect to set individual shipping methods per product.
Unfortunately, it is not implemented yet, please, vote for this idea and we will notify you when it is released:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...tion?ref=title

For now I can suggest one way to work this around: to open one more Ecwid store, so the two stores will sell different product types:
1. for your US customers:
- include products A, B and C
- add ‘free shipping’ option to A products (shipping freight)
- setup global shipping methods that will cover the others products
2. for international customers:
- include A and B products only (as C is not shipped internationally)
- setup global shipping methods for necessary zones

Thus such solution models your scenario.
Please, mind, this implementation will require registering one more Ecwid account.

Hope this will help.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:59 PM

Exclamation Free shipping, but only for selected items and only in certain zones

I want to ship specific items for free, but only to customers in the US. I don't want all domestic shipping to be free, and I don't want international shipping to ever be free.

Specifically, I want autographed items to ship free in the US and at normal rates to the rest of the world. I don't know if that's possible with Ecwid's current options. If I choose the item-specific "Free shipping" it will include international destinations. If I set up a custom table, it seems like that would make all of my domestic shipments free, not just certain products.

buddyguy.ecwid.com/simple-store
Old 11-22-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Guys Legends View Post
I want to ship specific items for free, but only to customers in the US. I don't want all domestic shipping to be free, and I don't want international shipping to ever be free.

Specifically, I want autographed items to ship free in the US and at normal rates to the rest of the world. I don't know if that's possible with Ecwid's current options. If I choose the item-specific "Free shipping" it will include international destinations. If I set up a custom table, it seems like that would make all of my domestic shipments free, not just certain products.

buddyguy.ecwid.com/simple-store
Hi!

Please, refer to this post answering similar question http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...2318#post92318
Old 11-22-2013, 07:03 PM

Default Not helpful

FYI, "Open a second store with different settings" is not a helpful solution.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Guys Legends View Post
FYI, "Open a second store with different settings" is not a helpful solution.
As I already mentioned, it is not possible to organise shipping as you wish by standard Ecwid means.
You see workflow you describe requires individual shipping per product feature, which is not implemented yet. Please, vote for this idea and we’ll email you when this feature is released.
If there are further suggestions on the matter, please, add them as comments.

So for now we can suggest only ways to work it around as I wrote in my message above http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...2318#post92318
Could you clarify why the two stores variant doesn’t suit you?
Old 03-06-2014, 05:34 PM

This is an issue that is a big problem and I will be looking for a new shopping cart.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BounceBoard View Post
This is an issue that is a big problem and I will be looking for a new shopping cart.
Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you decided to stop using Ecwid. Could you explain us in more details how shipping calculation should wokr for your store?

We will try to find a workaround for you.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:16 AM

Default shipping to International customers

As long as our customer is honest and selects international shipping options, there is no problem. We have not had an issue before now. No worries, we will not be leaving Ecwid.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:15 AM

Found half solution for you as I needed this too.

Set up USA shipping table as:
0 to 0.99 with $0.00
1 to "Up" with your rate.

On items that are Free USA use 1 lbs as weight and global+flat rate= World shipping should still work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deezmaker For This Useful Post:
Arthur Belostotsky (08-20-2014), Liza P (08-20-2014), soulfuleq (11-24-2014)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
custom table, domestic, free, free shipping, international, shipping, zones