The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 PM

Wrong Price showing in shopping bag

The correct price is showing on my site and even when you are shopping in the ecwid store but when I add it to my bag and go to checkout it shows the wrong price. The price is shows is double the real price that it shows everywhere else. Why is it doubleing the real price in the checkout?

My shipping and everything else is working fine.

This problem also hasn't always happened.

PLEASE HELP!!
The Following User Says Thank You to The Inflatable Gorilla For This Useful Post:
Kreativia Keramik (10-09-2018)
Old 01-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflatable Gorilla View Post
The correct price is showing on my site and even when you are shopping in the ecwid store but when I add it to my bag and go to checkout it shows the wrong price. The price is shows is double the real price that it shows everywhere else. Why is it doubleing the real price in the checkout?

My shipping and everything else is working fine.

This problem also hasn't always happened.

PLEASE HELP!!
Hi,

I have inspected your site for investigation the issue. Your store works fine. Please look at this screenshot:
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1xdw9/4to7?size=o

The total cost on the screenshot is calculated in this way:
total cost ($41.61) = sum of items prices ($26) + shipping cost ($12) + tax ($3.61)

As far as I can see it is correct. If the issue still exists, please let us know what product you add to the cart when you discover the problem.

I also want to notice that the way how you set product pricing in your store may confuse your customers. You set a $0 price and define a product option with one price-modifier selection for each product in your store. A customer sees zero-priced products, the prices are increased after a product is added to the cart. Moreover, customers sees that a product has an option (as for the product on the screenshot, the 'size' option is shown), but the option drop-down has only one selection, which doesn't make sense. If you aren't going to add more selections for the product options, you can consider the pricing without options. In other words, you can set a particular price a product itself without using the price modifiers. For example, you can set the $26 price for the product 'White-Mega' and remove the 'Size' option as this option doesn't provide your customers with any information or choice.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 01-08-2012, 11:48 PM

Makfruit,
Thanks for yous responce. I was able to correct the doubling problem. I had put price amounts in and then also used the drop down menu so when someone ordered it doubled the price. I put the prices back to 0 and just used the drop down menu and now works fine. however, I need to delete the prices of 0 like you said. I don't know how to code it so that doesn't show up?? I was able to delete the ones in the main shopping cart but not in the box on the right hand side when you click on the product.

I totally understand what you suggest of not using the option/drop down if there is only one size or option, however the site owner wants it that way so they all look the same.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflatable Gorilla View Post
Makfruit,
Thanks for yous responce. I was able to correct the doubling problem. I had put price amounts in and then also used the drop down menu so when someone ordered it doubled the price. I put the prices back to 0 and just used the drop down menu and now works fine. however, I need to delete the prices of 0 like you said. I don't know how to code it so that doesn't show up?? I was able to delete the ones in the main shopping cart but not in the box on the right hand side when you click on the product.

I totally understand what you suggest of not using the option/drop down if there is only one size or option, however the site owner wants it that way so they all look the same.
If you want to hide the product price on the product details page, add the following code to your custom css theme:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details div.ecwid-productBrowser-price {
  display:none;
}

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM

Thanks so much for the code. It did the trick.

You have been very helpful along the way. The site is looking good and almost there we hope
Old 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM

Hello Matvey!

This worked for me as well, but I only need to hide the price in a specific category, not all categories. How would I limit this to a specific category?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmeredith View Post
Hello Matvey!

This worked for me as well, but I only need to hide the price in a specific category, not all categories. How would I limit this to a specific category?

Thanks!
Hi,

Please refer to this thread:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=42009

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
SSmeredith (04-04-2012)
Old 07-21-2012, 04:11 PM

Dear Makfruit:

I have also face the same problem. But, i am sure that my pricing is correct.

I have one product with selling 2 different packages. So each time when people press the add to cart function after choosing one of the option, it becomes double pricing although the quantity shows 1 unit only.

How to solve this problem ya? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lim1 View Post
Dear Makfruit:

I have also face the same problem. But, i am sure that my pricing is correct.

I have one product with selling 2 different packages. So each time when people press the add to cart function after choosing one of the option, it becomes double pricing although the quantity shows 1 unit only.

How to solve this problem ya? Thanks.
Hi,

What product did you add to the cart when you discovered the issue? How can I reproduce it in your store? Any step-by-step instructions, URLs and screenshots would be helpful. Thank you.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 07-02-2013, 04:36 PM

Same problem as noted above: 1 unit is showing up at 2 unit price. Unit pricing in dashboard is correct. Website: http://s471713049.initial-website.com/products/ Shopping cart error: http://s471713049.initial-website.co...ucts/#!/~/cart Single unit price should be $5.95, not $11.90. Please help...we cannot go live till this is resolved

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
need assistance, options, pricing