The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:37 PM

Making Dropdown and Radio options required

Hi,

I have set up an ECWID store for a client, and overall we are very satisfied and ready to purchase the Silver package to enable coupons...

However, we NEED to have options for dropdown menus and radio buttons set as Required fields.

I read in an earlier post that this option would be available in ECWID 7.0 and that was in '09.

I am using the plugin suggested for Wordpress (1.0).

Am I missing something?

Do I need additional add-ons or use a different plugin?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Ecwid Team

Please, refer to this post for details how to make required choice of options: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48092

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM

Default Not quite...

I had come across that thread previously, and its not exactly what I was talking about. Right now there is no option to set the RADIO BUTTONS and DROPDOWN MENU options as required fields. You can only set the text options to be required.

Again, I found a previous post that mentioned this feature would be added to ECWID 7.0, so I was wondering if there was a more updated version of ECWID that I need to use.

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Jansen View Post
I had come across that thread previously, and its not exactly what I was talking about. Right now there is no option to set the RADIO BUTTONS and DROPDOWN MENU options as required fields. You can only set the text options to be required.

Again, I found a previous post that mentioned this feature would be added to ECWID 7.0, so I was wondering if there was a more updated version of ECWID that I need to use.

Thanks.
The feature that was going (a was eventually) added to Ecwid v.7.0 is just the required options (i.e. to contain no value by default and have customers to fill that value as a requirement to be able to buy that product). But the dropdowns and radio buttons already have a selected value, so they did not fall into such scenario.

The current version of Ecwid is 10.3 (and 10.4 is around the corner), all the updates are delivered completely automatically and you don't need to do anything about that. So, Ecwid is way beyond the v.7.0 currently, the required option fields are present in Ecwid, but the radios and dropdowns cannot be required fields yet. Please, refer to this post for the currently available workarounds for that: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...1225#post51225
Old 11-21-2015, 08:09 PM

Hello,

I wondered if there was any update on this, as I would like to have the ability to make any option a required option - in particular the checkbox, as I ask customers to tick the box to confirm they have checked their personalisation and are happy there are no errors.
I'd like this to be a required option so they cannot add to the basket without it being ticked.

I've just added a suggestion here, if anyone wants to vote for it
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...checkbox-optio

Thank you,
Ella
Old 11-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella View Post
Hello,

I wondered if there was any update on this, as I would like to have the ability to make any option a required option - in particular the checkbox, as I ask customers to tick the box to confirm they have checked their personalisation and are happy there are no errors.
I'd like this to be a required option so they cannot add to the basket without it being ticked.

I've just added a suggestion here, if anyone wants to vote for it
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...checkbox-optio

Thank you,
Ella
Hi Ella,

thanks for adding the suggestion to our Ideas Base. Yet there's no way to make a checkbox option required with built-in tools, sorry about that.

I can suggest using the general 'Terms and Conditions' checkbox on the cart page for asking customers' confirmation that they have checked their personalisation.

You can change the default wording with the help of a translation script:

Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"ShoppingCartView.agree":"I have checked my personalisation",
"ShoppingCartView.agree_terms":""
}
</script>
It changes "I agree with Terms and Conditions" to "I have checked my personalisation". A customer has to tick the box before they can proceed further from the Cart page.

If you opt in getting a custom feature for required checkbox options on product details pages, we can build a custom script for you (for additional one-time fee), that will monitor the selected checkbox inputs and won't let to add item o bag, if the checkbox is empty.

Let me know, if a custom script built to your specs may be of interest to you and we will reach out to you with a particular offer.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginger For This Useful Post:
Ella (11-25-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
dropdown menu, radio buttons, required option