The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:30 AM

"Compare with"-Price: "Save" should be "Sie sparen" in German

Hi,

I want to show my customer how much they can save if they buy for example a Sale product.

Unfortunately the German translation in the shop is not correct.

If I chose "show save" under "Compare with"-Price then it shows me: "Speichern" and this is not correct.

It should be "Sie sparen" for example CHF 13.00...

Could you change this?

Thanks,
Samira
Old 10-10-2014, 01:58 PM

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.
There is a possibility of manually changing translation (by changing or even hiding some texts) in your store by modifying code with special JavaScript.
Here’s a link to detailed guide: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...m-translations
Please mind, you’re using starter site, and its code can not be modified or altered, so this solution won’t work for it unfortunately.

But there’s also another solution, even better one, since it will be applied globally.
Since Ecwid’s translated to many languages, we created a special tool, which is intended to ease the translation experience.

Any store owner can use it and suggest their variant of translation for any label in storefront or control panel. Just follow these steps:
1. Open http://translate.ecwid.com/
2. Choose your language from the list and click your language icon.
3. Click “Ecwid Store Front” link. The program will ask you to login. In order to start translating, you can easily sign in with your Google, Facebook or Twitter account.
4. The list of translations is over 20 pages large, so feel free to browse or use “Search” button above the list to the left.
5. There are three “Save” words for translation to German, but they can be distinguished by the context of their uses, that is described in the upper right part, below the English variant.

Please, use this tool to improve existing translation, this would really help. And if you find another mistake, or if you could suggest a better translation - feel free to leave a note in the comments field on the right, describing why your translation is the better one, or why is other translation a mistake in the context.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
german, save